Falcon T35

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Magic Bus, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    I have a Falcon T35 which I recently bought and have noticed the elevation turret does not audibly click during part of it's rotation. Should I be concerned? Thanks in advance.

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    if the ret moves, then it could just be the click mechanism sticking, burris can wear theirs out but they still dial ok ... probably best giving falcon a call though, they may have a suggestion.

3. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Thanks Rob, I'll do that. The scope is in BKL mounts on an EV2 and the 35 yard setting on the elevation turret has the turret quite close to the bottom of it's travel if you see what I mean? Standard turret as well. I wonder if this might have something to do with it?

4. Jon

Jon Member

I wouldnt worry about it as long as it dials, who cares if it clicks.

You dont want the elevation screwed right down or right the way up as it stands a good chance it wont dial even though theres clicks left.

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    very true, and if you dial in some windage as well you can jam them up.

shim, or even better, use adjustables... get the ret in the centre and offset using either of those methods instead, but be careful with shimming because it will stress the tube.

6. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Thanks Rob and Jon. Points taken.The rifle is a MK1 EV2. I had been playing around with the muzzle break and windicator bracket trying to reach a point where they didn't pull the barrel down a little when the break was slid over the barrel. This was why the turret was screwed almost all the way down for a 35 yd zero. The barrel must sit a little high in it's neutral position. I have reduced the clearance between the bottom of the break and the top of the bracket now and the elevation turret has had to be wound up a fair bit to achieve zero - - this at the expense of pulling the barrel down slightly. No windage shift is evident at 180bar cylinder pressure compared to 120bar.

7. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Udate. The scope apears to be fine with the turret wound up to it's new position. Happy days, it's very nice to use :)