Falcon T35 Scope

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by NJR 100, Feb 10, 2010.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Right, the back up scope is set up.

Ended up with a Falcon T-35 from a nice chap called Paul on BBS.

Its a beast compared to the mark 4! Feels alot heavier.

Still, nice 1/4 cliks, bright enough and at £200, i could have had 4 for the cost of my mk4! Nearly!

Set up today, Riser blocks + high mounts 815 fps with mozzies. Clicks from 50M -30M same as my mk 4 on njr. Only lower ranges were there some small differences.

Not so fussed on the very fine cross hair + centre dot but as wafta shoots are mostly in open as apposed to woods, dont think it will be a bother.
    Not so fussed on looks of focus wheel but should be able to sort out a new one fairly easily. it works though.

Focus is slower than my mk4, but much bigger gaps between 40 - 50 M, the critial bit. Huge gaps lower down.

So, A Question?? Any one know how to re-parrelax a t-35 so it focuses lower than 12 yards?

Just have to get used to turning the wheel quicker!

2. rich

rich Active Member

I've had one for a couple of years, rate it very highly. You have to get used to bringing the focus in from the same direction every time but if you're a Leupold man you'll know that anyway. This is not a scope that can be used like a big Nikko.

Re the re-parallax, I didn't bother. Mine goes down to just under 12 but not to 11. Pop a 50ft close focus adapter into a butler creek.

3. NJR 100

Club:
    Noticed the focus thing, so did the same as my leup and came down from 50m.

Went down the club today and started with the Tm / Falcon. Rangefinding is totally different than with the mk4, much slower coming in / out but i found by coming down 50 M - say 40 m i got the range finding spot on every time. Side wheel is smooth as silk and no scopelash unlike my mk4!

Dare i say it, a joy to use.

The fact it goes to opposite direction to the mk 4 catches me out but i guess thats just getting used to it.
    Funny thing is the scope came with Butler creeks front and back and i have tried them with the mk4 but could not get used to them, no probs on the falcon. Must be the eye relief?

I did, when i switched back to the mk4 /NJR notice the difference in the brightness of the target, it was a bit like the sun coming out! thats not to say the falcon is bad, its just ther luep is that good!
    The luep also snaps in out far quicker, but overall the falcon is an excellent back up scope, especially at just £200!

May use it for a while in comps locally to see what i think in the long term??

Anyone know if mill dot reticle can be added to a falcon t35?

4. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    was it Paul Pendleton by any chance?

If so, it's my old scope and a cracker. Only got rid of it to fund a weaver because I prefer the balance of the gun with the lighter scope.

5. NJR 100

Club:

Yes it was.

Used it again today and although as stated getting used to the slow speed the scope comes in / out takes a bit of getting used to, it was spot on evry time for rangefinding.

So far, very impressed, infact i plan on using the T35 + Tm100 more for the next few weeks at least than my "main" gun, the Njr + Mk4 luep.

Would be in a real dilema if someone offered me another T35 right now, said I would neve sell the mk4 but.....!!!

6. rich

rich Active Member

I can't sing the praises highly enough. Once on my EV2 for trial, it didn't come off until the rifle went for service, and the Mark 1 big nikko now has a new master who is delighted with it.

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I saw a nice boa in the builders merchants the other day, might have a go at breaking my one's neck and seeing if i can get it to come closer...

8. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    the one i had off rob f came down to ten yards,and a lads got one down the greyhound and thats comes just under ten matey,hav you tried moving the lense out by 1 turn but be careful you dont go to far you lose 55/50 etc or the easyist way is buy a 50foot adaptor(leupold)and put this in a butler creek matey 001.jpg

9. NJR 100

Club:
    Got to admit its working so well at the moment i think i will leave alone. I got a 50ft adaper for the luep so may be abe to use that, will have a play tomorrow out the back to see what 1 inch kills are like from 8 -12 yards.

10. NJR 100

Club:
    Anyone know of a sidewheel maker for the Falcon T35?

The supllied wheel is not to my tastes in design.

11. rich

rich Active Member

Leup 50ft adapter works perfectly. I have markings on my sidewheel down to 12 yards without it, and from 16 yards down to 8 with it in position. So I have two marks for 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.

12. NJR 100

Club:
    I seem to remeber long ago havign a small hole, say about 8mm drilled in the end of a butyler creek sort of darkened the image but made parralexing possible?

I am right or in cuckooo land?

Got a 50ft lup adapto in a butler creek on the mk4 luep, but wanted to leave that on there?

saying that, the way the falcon is range finding, spot on again today i am thinking of taking the Lupe off the Njr and using the falcon.

13. rich

rich Active Member

Yes, I did that with my old Custom Shop. I found that a pellet tin lid was a snap fit on the sunshade so I left off the BC and just used the lid.

Tin lids being quite cheap, it was worth experimenting and I found that a hole about 10 to 12 mm worked well. Sure, it cut the light but it brought the close ones into good enough focus to see the edges.

Lining the inside of the lid with black insulation tape also helped kill reflections off the shiny surface.

14. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Black felt is best, as long as you can find a water resistant piece.

15. NJR 100

Club:
    Swapped the falcon with the luep today, think i have new toy itus?

Hopefully i am just enjoying the change of equipment as i intend to use the falcon for a few weeks and see how it compares in action.
    At the moment though if i could get another good 1/$ Falcon T35 i may even consider letting the leup go!

Tried the pellet tin as a 50ft adaptor, dark but may well do the trick!

So, anyone got for sale a T35 1/4, or and another Njr!:D

16. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    now you are just being greedy, like them bloody walther owners can never only have 1:D

17. NJR 100

Club:
    If I got another one like your old one, i would seriously consider giving the Leup up though!:D

18. ikarma70

ikarma70 New Member

i just got a cracking T35 with 2 sunshades(i already had 1 here that was a mystery what it fitted till i tried it on my T35),flip ups x2 1 of which is a 50ft adapter,2 sidewheels (1 custom made) at a very good price from a club member who is a member on here too.

want piccies?

19. NJR 100

Club:
    Want the scope, not pics lol.

Yes, post a couple if you could, ta.

20. mintyrn10

mintyrn10 Roll on the weekend!

Club:
    REDFEARNS
    pickie of my t35 combo :cool: on top of mi dommi ,,,