Falcon t 50

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by silver rain, Nov 23, 2012.

1. silver rain

silver rain Member

Club:
    Leon Field Target Asociation (LAFT).
    Hi guys, I wonder if the Falcon T 50 has met the expectations he created 2 years ago with its launch. Is it really as good as a BN ?. I'm looking for a scope for FT and have not found an updated analysis of this scope. What alternatives are there in that price range?. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank a lot.

2. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    I've got one, and for the money they are ok, you have to remember they cost £400 compared to the BN which is just shy of £700 if you can get one. Personally I don't think there is much in it, ( this will open a can of worms:rolleyes:) Guys who use BN' have tried it and say it's ok but they would prefer the BN there's 3 of us who use them and none of us would pay the extra for a BN they are quite good for the money, you would have to try both and make your own mind up.

3. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Very easy scope to use, I used one last week for the 1st time in proper comp and did OK, I've had a mk1 BN and wasn't impressed.
    After the round my shooting partner compared to his MK3 BN ans there was nothing in it, if anything FOV was bigger on the T50 on 50x.
    Overall, not worth paying an extra 300 for a BN imho.
    Downside - same as a BN, really big heavy scope (compared to my T36 weaver) but deffo has an edge in ease of use.

4. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    The other thing I meant to say was, quite a few have been sold but you don't see many for sale, second hand.

5. fatwelshboy

fatwelshboy Member

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    I had a T50 for a short while and it was not in the same league as my mk3 Nikko. The price difference between them was very obvious.

6. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    We have a couple of T50's in our club and both owners are looking to change to the Nikko as soon as funds allow! Both guys say the rangefinding is inconsistent, and optically not as good as the Nikko For what you pay for a Falcon you could get a nice Mk2 Nikko, as Dave says though the Nikko can be variable so try befor you buy.

7. silver rain

silver rain Member

Club:
    I'm reluctant to buy something that I'm not sure, so between a leupold competition and a sightron , what ´s your choice for FT?

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Secret ?

The secret of the MK111 nikko is , the turrets are much better than the Mk2 and MK1 and the coating on the lenses is a lot better . i have an early big BSA and side by side the ranging is the same untill the sun shines brightly or it gets darker , the MK111 then wins .??? HOLLY:)

9. paul yates

paul yates Kung Fu Panda

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    sightron ranges far easier than a leup competition, not as light as the leup, i prefer the sightron i have had two leups couldnt get on with them i have two sightrons and stright out of the box they are far easier to get on with than the leupolds i have had

10. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I had a look through a T50 recently and was not impressed with it's range finding at all, which is probably why you don't see any on the F.T circuit.
    I had a MK1 BN which over-ranged by 7 yards whenever it felt like it. (The BN's are very variable and some are great)
    I briefly had a Leup (not a comp) and it ranged my neighbours ridge tiles at different distances over and over again and those tiles were only 27 yards!! Nice glass though.

I now have two Sightron's and won't be selling them. Excellent scopes. The milldots are too big which upsets some people. And the Sightron scope covers are made by Fisher Price. Apart from that, I can't fault them.

Atb,

Alec.

11. rich

rich Active Member

I've had a T35 for several years, and love it. Superb optical quality for a second or third tier scope. I was desperately hopng that the T50 would have matching optics but it doesn't. Nice, but not as good as the fixed focus.

I had a Leup and sold it. Too much reaction to temperature, I had to have a whole series of range marks.

Alec's Sightron is very impressive; I had a look through another one last Sunday and the colours of the image just leap out at you.

12. silver rain

silver rain Member

Club:
    Well, thanks guys, I will continue saving to get sightron.