Falcon Accuracy Pellets

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Jimbob 2705, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 New Member

Hi All,

Has anyone tried Falcon Accuracy Pellets in .177?

I am interested in trying them in a HW97, which I am hoping will produce good results due to them being a light pellet.

My main concern is how well they group in the wind? The distance would be out to 45 yards minimum, possibly 50 yards.

Many Thanks,

James

2. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    They work in some rifles better than others, as with most pellets. I found they grouped like a shotgun and I have never had so many damaged pellets in a tin as with those. Others may have had good results, you need to try them for yourself really.

3. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 New Member

Thanks for that. I know some rifles will like them and some wont.

I just wondered what they were like in the wind?

Thanks and ATB

James

4. Suzukiphil

Suzukiphil Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    I've tried them and found them to be good pellets, particularly in my Sandwell Fieldsports tuned HW97k. Good in a S400 and an Ev2. They are a bit sensitive to wind but not overly so. My verdict on admittedly only one tin is, good pellets, well worth a try.

5. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Totally useless in any of my guns (S400, 2 s EV2s,...) - pm me your address and I'll put some in the post for you to test.
    Dean

6. IvanM

IvanM Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    I used them for a while with my Prosport. They grouped very well when there was little or no wind. When there was wind they deflected more than the JSB 7.9's and this seemed to increase disproportionately when getting out past say 40 - 45 yd. They were fairly consistent though if the wind was properly from one side or the other. The thing that really put me off them though, was shooting into the wind; they would become really unpredictable past thirty yards and would make a group as big as a fist at anything 45 yd or above (that's bad even for me :))

7. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    James, they were awful without wind and worse with it. Similar to what Ivan has said, I found them to really get blown about out at 50-55 yards.

8. Seanalf

Seanalf New Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent ARC
    I haven't used them in .177, however, in my .22 Webley Raider they are very good. I think they seem to suit .22 better and I have hit targets out to 60yds with them. As they are lighter than most .22 pellets, they fly flatter and give some good consistent results.

9. gasman1

gasman1 New Member

i foung them to be very good in my 97. really nice groups, but not very good in wind. they shot very flat. they also gave a high reading over the crono. they were efficient and could easy go over 12fpe in some guns, particularly springers which seem to shoot a lighter pellet with more power.

they would be good out to hunting ranges on a still day, but not so good for competitons. i find the jsb express 7.9s to shoot the best and exact 8.4s a very close second.