Falcon 4-14x44 FFP very nice surprise

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Kingplinker, May 18, 2010.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

I have just acquired the above as a ' try before I buy ' deal from an ageing old lady with dementia , thanks Doris . lol

Anyway I have never really been into scopes with a mag greater than 10 but thought I would give it a try so set up and zero'd at 25 yards , after three shots it was bang on - not bad considering it's a totally new set up ! Yes it was very good at 14 mag buts thats too much mag for me , the narrow field of view was also strange but thats simply because I am not used to it .

So PX set at 25 yards with a zero of the same distance and on 10 mag I set a target out to 8 yards and another at 45 , 45 was very clear and the MP20 ret was excellent although coming in to 8 yards it was like many others I have tried - saying that the kill zone was still visable ... just . lol
    ( 14 mag set up for hunting was very blurred at close range but then you would expect that , again not really a problem depending on usage I suppose )

I didn't find any problems with the ret or parallax error which I know has been a problem before so all in all I am very happy with it , in fact Doris may have just made a sale ! :D

The scope was really intended for my MPR hunting rig but now I hope it will be a good back up rig for the CRX hft set up .

I am actually very impressed by the scope and look forwad to giving it a good test .

Anyone else use one for HFT ?

atvb

Dave

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. Feral

Feral New Member

Not quite the same Dave but I am now using the Lightstream FFP for HFT and am really impressed. I have moved to x8 and finding it a better overall compromise especially on those close smashed up reducers. I really like the FFP, makes it a good all rounder... it did fail to tell me when I was pointing it at the wrong target at yours on Sunday though :mad:

3. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

A mere blip Cliff , just look at how well you scored at Swallows mate ! ( donuts ) When you start like that it's only ever going to go down hill ........ get the fishing gear out mucker . lol

I tried the Falcon on 8 too and it also seems a good compromise , like I say I will have to do a test to see whats best but first impressions are very good .

atvb

Dave

4. Feral

Feral New Member

53 with one wrong target, not my finest hour but a 55 if I pointed the gun in the right direction wouldn't have been to bad so I may save the fishing for a few weeks yet :eek:... one thing I have done is move the scope an inch forward. I was finding the reach quite uncomfortable and cramping my neck, amazing how minor adjustments make a world of difference, my neck and shoulder all sat more comfortably with just this one tweak.

5. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    You could always ask Daniel which target you should be aiming at. :p;):D

6. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

He'd charge by the peg at very reasonable rates.;):D