Export from UK.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by mjolnir30, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

I have one question.
    The UK cannot export air guns anymore to countries of EU?

2. Sake-San

Sake-San La Veille Alliance

Club:
    l'Association Francaise de Field Target
    Hi mjolnir30

If you look in The Knowledge forum section under UK airgun law you will find the answer to your question in done detail...
    In a nutshell
    New guns: face to face (in person) sales only
    Second hand guns: no problem but, see next point
    Posting: difficult to find carriers that will accept and insure, I know of companies that have personally couriered (flown with the gun) / delivered expensive air rifles!

Hope this helps

3. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

Thank you.
    So if i buy second hand gun,from someone on forum there is no problem that he send gun to me?

4. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

And what companies do delivery airguns outside UK?

5. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    In the UK I think Parcel Force are virtually the only people that will carry. They will not however insure to full value.
    I assume they can deliver Outside UK though have not done that so cannot confirm.

Bringing into UK is easy, not so easy to send out!

Hope it goes well.

kr

6. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

Thank you.
    Can somebody else confirm is there possibility to export from UK?

7. AlsoFishes

AlsoFishes New Member

Club:
    Ex-RCO ATC and SCC
    In theory, yes. Royal Mail (Absolutely NOT Parcel Force) claim they carry airguns and parts UP TO 2 KG internationally.
    Check their country guides.
    Make sure you know the difference between Prohibited and Restricted and understand that Post Office Counters, Royal Mail and Parcel Force are different firms..
    For example:

The Royal Mail RESTRICTED guide for Portugal
    http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Tell-me-about-Restricted-Goods
    --------------------------------
    Guns for sporting use

Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.

Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays. Please see www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

Use 1st Class as the minimum service. The sender’s name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.
    -----------------------------------

The PROHIBITED guide
    http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/tell-me-about-prohibited-goods
    Weapons

Including Section 5 firearms (e.g. handguns, machine guns), CS gas and pepper sprays, flick knives,and other knives that are banned knives under UK laws, tasers and stun guns. Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.

Guns for sporting use, including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles), Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms and low-powered air weapons may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Please see www.royalmail.com/restrictedgoods

In practice, Post Office Counters, Royal Mail and Parcel Force are an utter, utter shower of shite and don't know their own different rules.
    You are supposed to go to a Post Office but Post Office Counters will eff it up and either tell you guns are totally prohibited or get you to send it via a Parcel Arse international service (because Royal Mail don't do over 2KGs) where it will be impounded at the airport and purposely damaged because guns supposedly can't travel by air or by Parcel Arse.
    Been there, got the T shirt.

Royal Mail, however, are by law supposed to transport guns.
    In Black and white it says you can send guns and parts abroad by Royal Mail up to 2 KGs. Just make sure you print it out and show it to the counter Mon... eeer.. "staff".
    Most rifles weigh over 2KGs though, so send it in bits! It's a typical british Clusterfukc that makes british shops and mail order firms uncompetitive in the EU.

If you are a member of BASC, I suggest that you get them to help you send it. I now live abroad and am not a member but I would like to see BASC purposely try to send send a rifle , pistol or part abroad and to give Royal Mail a rocket up the Jacksy when they cokc it up.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

Let me tell you what is this about.
    I am from Croatia,and i want to send my ev2mk4 in UK,so it can be serviced.
    So i know i can send it there,but can gentleman that service it can return it to me.
    That is why i ask this.

9. AlsoFishes

AlsoFishes New Member

Club:
    Ex-RCO ATC and SCC
    You need to call or email Air Arms and ask them.

10. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

I am not going to send gun to Air Arms.
    I will send it to one mister that i contact here on forum that do that kind of services.