EV2 Question

Discussion in 'Tips, tricks and tutorials' started by Thomas_ZA, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Thomas_ZA

Thomas_ZA New Member

Guys,

A simple question (I hope) - I've been considering floating my EV2's barrel for more than a year now. Started last year at the worlds in Kelmarsh when my rifle was accidentally bumped by someone causing the barrel to shift, and the barrel band thingy prevented the barrel from returning to the previous position. This year I managed to do the same thing. Put the rifle in it's slip, and managed to bump it between two lanes.

Long story short - I want to float my EV2's barrel. I have a spacer to take up the space left by the original barrel band assembly. I'm still at a loss as to the thread size on the screw that attached the air-stripper to the barrel band. It is drilled and threaded all the way through, and if I have the thread size, attaching the stripper to the barrel should be easy.

Thomas

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    6mm grub screw

You just need a short 6 mm grub screw.

3. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Or as a temporary fix.... use the original fixing screw from the barrel band:D

4. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Obvious point for me to make, but make sure that the stripper is aligned with the barrel after you free float.
    DeanB