EV2 MKIII reg problem

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Big Dave, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave New Member

If left for 2/3 mins the POI drops about 20mm, if fired immediately after the POI is back where it should be.

As I have customised it and probably invalidated the warranty, I will have to pay to get it fixed.

My question is, are AA the best people to give my money to or are there any other reg gurus out there?

Many Thanks

2. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Down your way I'd be tempted to give Dave Welham (Airmasters 88) a tinkle and run it past him.

Will

3. Sniperdad

Sniperdad New Member

Dave, well obviously the reg leaks, and quite fast if it drops so much in 2-3mins. Wont it be best to stick to the manufacturers AA) workmanship for this job. There must be a guarantee on their work, so if it still leaks after you had it fixed, you wont have to pay again.

Dave

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Your firing valve could be leaking, remove the muzzle end & stick a balloon over the barrel with the breech shut, if the balloon fills overnight it's getting past the firing valve.

5. Big Dave

Big Dave New Member

Thanks for the replies.

Pete,

I've not noticed any pressure loss from the cylinder but I will check it overnight.

The drop in POI is repeatable and will drop further if left for longer.

ATB

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Villiers had this problem with his... give him a PM

7. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Hi yes thats correct it went back to AA seven times they never fixed it.:mad:There is a guy around the south of London who fixed the problem.:)

8. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Dave Penman, magic man on the Evo

9. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Too true :)

10. Big Dave

Big Dave New Member

Villiers, YHPM

Dave Penman for EVs or EVOs?

11. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Had the same problem....gun went back a few times...lost confidence in it.Asked for my money back,(Swillington guns)no problems. I've heard of a few Evo's doing this.....but many more that are ok...find the guys that can do a GOOD repair on it and you'll be fine. (depends what mods you have made whether AA will touch it....my experience over the years are they are pretty fair)

12. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Mine has been down at AA having the same thing fixed(3 weeks old) if it happens again, it will be a refund.

Very frustrating that AA have down cock all to fix this well known problem, costs less just to fix teh ones that customers notice.

Terrible service to their customers, although the shop I bought it from have been excellent throughout.

Wont be buying an AA again though.

13. Swiftyx2

Swiftyx2 New Member

Ev2.

Hi,
    I had a couple of problems with mine when first brought (power creeping up). Phoned Air-Arms direct and found there customer service A1, delt with Bill Sanders each time and he was more than helpfull. Gun came back and has shot like a dream since.
    Give them a ring and go from there.
    Steve.

14. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

ive seen quite a few mk3s with dodgy regs in, have these been sorted, as i heard there was a mk4 out now

15. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

If you have a leaky reg or firing valve you should be losing air from the cylinder as when the reg pressure drops too low it will refill from the cylinder. If you aren't losing air at all then it could suggest something in the action, have you tried chronographing that first shot? if the power is low try repeating the exercise in a warm house.

It's also worth doing a string of shots over the chrono, fill the gun up then fire 10 shots, wait 5mins & fire another 5, wait 10mins & fire another 5, write all the results down & see if a pattern appears

16. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    In my one the reg pressure would creep up if you left it , first shot would be 680 fps the next 730fps then 785 if i fired a shot every minute .If i left it for 5 minutes or the time between lanes,i would have to dump a shot before i would sit down to shoot a lane,so on a GP 50 shot course thats 25 more shots i would use.
    The gun did not lose air ,just the pressure was high on the first shot and the knock open valve was unable to open the correct amount.So the air was leaking between the high pressure cylinder to the lower fire chamber pressure were the knock open valve hammer section work.
    It is a known problem with AA,i try for a year with them i gave up and went back to the Walther:)
    Don

17. rich

rich Active Member

Quite easy to spot this occurring if you look at your scorecard. Miss the first target and get the second one on almost every lane.., hmmmm now what can that be?

Had mine fixed by a third party. :)

18. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    The score card was no good to look at thats how my score always looks:) i play noughts and crosses oxoxox:eek:

19. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I'd say buy a Walther then Don but you already have one :D

20. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    Things have picked up a bit after i went back to the Walther the biggest thing has been the op on my back can now sit still.