EV2 MK4 in poplar wood stock

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by fireblade, Jun 16, 2010.

1. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    I am currently in posession (on test), of an ev2 mk4 with a poplar wood stock and have been asked to get comments and thoughts to pass on to bill sanders and if there is enough interest, then it will go into production.
    the wood is lighter than the standard laminate, and could be colour matched to each rifle.
    i will have it at rivingtons ground sunday 20th and at anstons on the 27th if anyone wants to see it in the flesh:)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. Flannelmeister

Flannelmeister Member

Mmmm, I like the look of that.

3. raygun

raygun Non member

Anyone interested in the rifle that Dave has can find direction to the Rivi outdoor range in the link in my sig.

ATB
    Ray.

4. Weevie

Weevie Banned

Nice bit of wood. You can tell Bill from me that if I was thinking of buying an EV2 then I'd be more tempted if it came in that stock. ;)

5. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    No for me that, might look nice in walnut, could they perhaps spend more time with some other issues, there stock works fine.

6. dcj1

dcj1 New Member

great. . . . . . . now where is the left handed version?

7. Jon

Jon Member

Agree with that except a walnut in that shape would be too weak.
    How about a proper stock rather than a modded 10M.

8. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    whats wrong with that?

looks good to me :D

9. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Stocks

We all know that stocks are personal to the persons who want them.

I can't get used to the standard shape stock myself, so I have a stock made to fit myself.

I think this wood looks really good, you can personalise it to the colour you want whixh is diferent and a great idea. I think the wood itself looks good and with the weight loss, a heavy scope is an option people can look at. Alot of people turn down the chance of a bigger scope due to the total weight with a heavy rifle.

Jon, you of all people should know how nice it is too make your own stock to what you want fella.

I like the look of it Dave and will have a good look at it the next time I see you fella.

Berty

10. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Nice looking

I agree with berty a stock is personal and i couldnt still use one with me being a short limb girly.

i really do feel that mechanical issues need to be addressed first and customer service before the looks and not only Air Arms but many manufacturers.

We are not buying a rifle for good looks we want the rifle to shoot right out of the box and then if an issue arises with it going back to get it sorted should mean just that.

Not that i want the greats like pete dutton, nick murphy,nick jenkinson not to have something to do. :D

loopy

11. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Couldn't agree more with what Loopyloo is saying, for their flagship rifle to be the way it is with mechanicals is a standing joke, it is must be an embarressment to them, its either that or they really don't care about customer service which would be even worse.

12. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Any details on problems you have found with the ev?,
    i must have missed something?

13. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Regs creep all the time my one went back 6 time , and every time they would scratch it or a screw would be missing from the trigger group cover then a air leak between cylinder and reg . When it is working its good , but trust it to do a full comp 0. Its not fit to hold a bog door open.
    Shoot a Walther now, at lest it works.

14. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Im happy

I have heard of people having issues with their EV2's, but I have to say mine has been superb as soon as I got it out of the box. It hasnt caused myself any issues??

Berty

15. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Ditto, mine went back twice and then they replaced it (after a long saga), its gone now too, bought a Walther!

When its on its very good, but for a top end, how can you say its a MK4 when they havent fixed the long running problem!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  16. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Countorik has baught 3 brand new Ev 2 in the last 2 months, every one has had a leaking Reg. The first one was like it from the shop, the second lasted less than 300 shots and the third lasted a little more but went down in gp 3
    I would now not buy a new Ev2 with any confidence that it will work for very long with out having to be returned, i agree with with other that it is a joke.

Saying that, the 3rd one he has baught was returned to aa and repaired with in 4 days, so fast turn around. Of course, it should not have been needed!

You now when people are not sure about there Ev2, they fire off the first shot in Gp rounds each lae as other wise there is no telling if its going to go low:)

I dont like the stock as it comes, would prefere it to be a thumbhole stock ala Njr / custom style.

17. PMW

PMW New Member

Hi all
    I hear this new stock will only fit the Mk4 and was wondering if anyone knows as to wether they`ll be making it available for the MK1,2 and 3 as i have the Mk2 and really like the idea of the stock being ligher....14 ounces lighter or so i`ve been told (nearly a pound).I have a 10-50x60 scope with shade aswell which does add to the weight so if i was able to do so with a lighter stock i wou;d definatly go for that.Does anyone know what these are retailing at? and does anyone know where you can get them.If it`s not possible to get one for the M2 i was thinkig about trying to get a used Steyr LG110 but i think the chances of that are pretty slim at the mo but i guess they come around once in a while :)

18. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Club:
    SCOTIA FTC
    how much?

what would the cost of the stock be, it looks very nice as it is.

19. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    A little off thread here, but just for info.

I used an EV2 (Mk3 I think) for my Guinness World Record Charity shoot. I bought it from Kibworth Gun Shop, altered the angle of the trigger blade and shot it.

Over 25,000 shots in the 4 months practice and then over 4100 continuous shots over a straight 8 hours non stop and it never put a foot wrong. Thats a shot every 7 seconds or so with over 53 fills with no rest.

Not a bad advert for an 'off the shelf' rifle. :)

Just my experience of them anyway.

Cheers

Chris

20. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

the stock would look good oiled - as fro performance, I can not comment