EV2 MK2 Problem

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by dia6olo, Feb 5, 2011.

1. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

EV2 MK2 Problem :confused:

From the little knowledge I have, it appears to be a regulator leak?

A bit about the rifle:

The rifle has had very little to no use at all over the past couple of years. It was serviced by Hydrographics along with having minor superficial modifications a good few months back and other than having a string of shots through it to check performance (which was very good) it has not been used at all apart from the last couple of days.

Also since coming back from Hydrographics the rifle has a lot of adjustment via the ventury screw, it will go as low as around 450fps and as high as 850fps using 7.9 prems (the rifle was initially sent off for a service because it would not go above 755fps via the ventury, the hammer or both.

All the numbers below were obtained using Air Arms 4.52 pellets.

I ve been trying to set it up for HFT the past couple of days and while doing so I wanted to know the point of impact at 10, 15, 20 & 25 Yards when zeroed at 40 Yards.

Below are the chrono readings I got at the 5 yard increments:

10yds 15yds 20yds 25yds
    774----773----774----769
    780----782----782----783
    782----782----784----785
    782----784----785----782

There was around a 5 to 10 minute gap between the 10 to 15 yard set of readings, 15 to 20 yard set of readings and so on while the target was repositioned and the point of impact measured.

After leaving the rifle for around another 20 minutes or so I took a further 2 chrono readings.

1st shot 764
    2nd shot 783

As can be seen from the numbers the 1st shot is consistently lower in power and it appears the longer it s left the lower it ll be.

So the question is does anybody know the problem and more importantly anyone know of someone local (Leigh/Wigan) who could sort it?

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    It could be the start of things leaky, but those figures would not be a problem out to 55 yards, les so at 45 yards. i would use and keep an eye on it.
    Can fully recomend John Oslter for setting Ev2 up.

3. D. Clark

D. Clark Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Ev2

I had the same porblem with my Pro Target and I was told it was 'reg creep' not sure what goes on inside the reg but think i read somewhere on here that it was the reg over presurising.
    Air Arms fixed mine.

4. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

Thanks chaps I have someone whose going to take a look at it.

Been told from a knowledgeable shooter that the problem is the high pressure side is leaking into the low pressure side - the reg piston is not closing the air supply off and It's probably a spec of dirt embedded into the nylon seat. :)

5. D. Clark

D. Clark Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Ev2

Thats it.....