EV2..maybe

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Sep 6, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Well think im losing the plot.Sold my pcp gear to concentrate on springer. Now im thinking of really getting into Ft. So... thinking about selling everything lol and getting a good FT rig. I really do prefer the FT style to HFT. Infact i enjoy the dialling method much more than holdover/under. So im looking at the EV2 as a possibility. Prob a mk3, trhough i see there is a mk4 on the horizon,or is it already here? Any thoughts on the EV2 would be appreciated.Would use the T35 initially, think its a good scope.:)

2. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    The EV2 is very popular. Look at the top 10 shots in the GP series
    1) Steyr
    2) EV2
    3) EV2
    4) EV2
    5) Walther
    6) EV2
    7) EV2
    8) Walther
    9) Walther
    10) Steyr

Mind you there are some very good pilots pointing them :D

3. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc
    Ar but how many paid for them :D:D

4. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Meoooow;););)

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    If you can, get down a club and have a go (owners are usually willing to let you try as long as they feel ok with you).

There's a different character to each... except the EV which has none ;) :D but in performance terms, they're all on par. Each has it's pros and cons.

Assuming it's working, like the others, the EV isn't a bad bit of kit. It's fit is pretty good for most. Like the others though, there are a few temperamental ones out there, even straight off the shelf. Not trying to put you off... that's the reality of pcp's.

I'd try them and see which you like.

6. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    best bet is to get along to a big club or local shot and try different guns. What might suit me may not suit you, be it ev2, walther etc.

Ev2 are very easy to shoot well however.

7. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Paid for them

Neale,

I did fella...

Berty

8. rich

rich Active Member

Maybe a long ride from where you are, but the SWEFTA 2010 league sees round 8 taking place this Sunday at the South Devon ground not far from Torquay. You can find the ordinates on the club finder page.

There will probably be 40 or more entrants with a wide variety of rifles, I can think of several EV2s, several Pro-Targets, a whole flight of Steyrs :D , and a couple of Walthers. There will most likely be one or two of the new Hammerite guns as well, sorry I meant to say Hammerli. Not to mention some Ripleys and a couple of hybrids, a S400 in a Meccano-like stock which is actually stunningly accurate.

As Rob says, most folk are only too pleased to demo their rigs. Mine's a mark 1 EV2 with a T35 on top, but unless you're left handed you'll never manage to look through it.:D

9. cb2591

cb2591 Member

As has been stated , even off the shelf EV2s have had problems. Thats a bit scary. I know there was,is , a reg problem with some rifles. Ok .... which FT rifle is the most reliable? Its all to easy to forget why i got out of PCPs in the first -place.

10. CoolId

CoolId New Member

Off the shelf, all manufacturers have occasional problems. The real test of performance is long-term consistency, and that shows in the 'top ten' lists as above. And before you ask - I shoot Daystate - and look how many of them are around

Regards

Dave

11. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

It's a fact with every airgun, there's very few standard ones out there doing the business, including springers. As said the best advice is to get up to a club and shoot as many as you can. Also worth considering is, can any one near you service/repair/mod your choice well?

12. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Give as many as you can a try, then go with your gut instinct. Don't get a particular model because such n such won x trophy with it.

13. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    in our club [ emley moor ftc] we have had a surge of members buying ev2s, not a problem with any of them at all, untill one lad stated messing with it, straight of the shelf you cant beat a ev2 just dont tamper with them.;);)

14. chris79

chris79 New Member

i have a mk4 ev2 and i think its the dogs danglies it just makes everything so easy...