1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EV2 Mark 4.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by countorik, May 12, 2010.

1. countorik

countorik BFTA C Grade Champion 2010

Club:
    Tondu
    This subject is being discussed on another shooting site, but, as it concerns me I thought I would air it here and see what experiances other people have had.
    I bought a brand new ev2 mark 4, got it home and put it over the crono. Straight from the box it varied about 50 fps. Next day I took it back, and they exchanged it for another new mark 4, fair play I had no problems with them changing it. I asked them to put it over the chrono, which they did, and it was fine 780 fps + or- 5fps. Next day at the club, and I noticed that if it was left for more than 15 mins, that the first shot would go low, after checking it over the chrono it was found to loose about 30-40 fps, but after that shot it would stay consistant. I would have put up with it because it was so accurate and comfortable to shoot.
    The following day shooting with a couple of mates, after about 50 shots I noticed the pellets begining to drop, and then all the air decided to make a brake for it out through the barrell, so there I am with a hissing gun, and Mike Williams, Karl Hill hissing themselfs ( or should that be p------g themselfs). So the ev was taken back, and a no fuss refund given.
    To say I was gutted would be a understatement, it is a cracking gun to shoot, but with those sort of reliability problems, I am hard pushed to try another. So has anyone had similar problem to my own, what did you do, or have I been unlucky with the two that I bought.

2. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

what was the pressure in the gun down to before it started hissing, did you fill the gun back up to 200bar before you had the 50 shots

3. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

sounds like the second one had a leak on the low pressure side of the reg:confused:

4. countorik

countorik BFTA C Grade Champion 2010

Club:
    Tondu
    ev2

I had just filled to 200 bar, it had only had the 50 or so shots through it, so it should have had plenty of air left. Its a real shame that the both guns had problems, because I prefered the feel and way it shot over my walther, and if they had been ok, I would happily have sold my walther and shot the ev2.

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Unfortunatly the inherit problems stems from the factory on how they now set the regs and firing valves so the rifles cannot exceed 12 ft/lbs, The firing valve spring is set to light and the reg pressure is set to low sometimes causing the leaks you have had. Set up properly you won't find a better or more accurate rifle out of the box. But doing that will void your warrenty, but is easy to do.

6. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    MMM this rings a bell, I will pm you my number, give me a ring when you can.

7. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    My money is on a trip to Neath gun shop about Midday Thursday.:D

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  8. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    ev2

there can be only 1

walther

opps sorry that should be there can be only 3 (walthers)

9. Darren

Darren New Member

It seems to me that the problem is that it isn't right "out of the box". I don't think it's unreasonable for the buyer to expect this rather than having to void the warranty in order to make it work properly.

10. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    ev2

i had 2 ev2 and have to say that accuracy was very good easily on pare if not better than my walthers
    these shot groups that were outstanding . butt groups dont win comps

out of all the ev2s in my area i only know of one that has never had a problem .this should not be the case with a new gun

i use walthers as they are reliable . i have only ever had 2 little problems with one of my walthers

both times it was fixed within the hour . if they do go wrong i know how to fix them. if the reg plays up . just bolt another one on

how any manufacture can have so many problems with bulid quality is benond belief

i am not picking on airarms (before all the ev2 shooters have a go at me ) this is directed at all manufactures

if you have all these guns coming back , it would make sense to put the problem right first as last

my advice is go and buy a walther , you know it makes sense :eek:

11. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Bought one, it went faulty, fixed, then faulty again, they replaced it and it has done it again, simple solution I bought a walther.

Have to say when the EV2 is working its awesome, but this is a manufacturing issue that should have been cured long ago.

12. rick

rick New Member

There seems to be a lot of them for sale at the moment. AA's flagship gun should not be coming out of the factory with faults. You could understand it if some of the high volume guns like the S400 had a fault, not something 3 times the price.

13. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

i have the mk2 for over 2 years now from new and havnt had any problems with, the only reg problems ive heard of are from the mk3 and 4s, so im not sure whats different about them

14. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Ev2

Well from my point of view, Ive had mine some time now, shot the winter with it, shooting this summer with it and I have to say that my EV2 straight out of the box has been superb too shoot.

Its been that good that my Dommie has been left in the cupboard sulking.

Mine hasnt had any work done to it, it is literally out of the box and into a stock Ive had made for it.

These rifles are made in massive numbers as well from Air Arms. They are the flagship rifle for the company.

I dont know how many are produced personally though.

With regards to having guns "modded" etc, most of the top rifles have to be fettled with these days, from EV2's to the Dommies, there are not many Dommies out there that havent had to be checked when they have been purchased.

The difference is, the EV2 has the anti tamper kit fitted to it, where rifles from other countries havent got that. This is why they are easier to set up and play with.

Berty

15. Sniperdad

Sniperdad New Member

Must say, I totally agree with Berty.

My wally is also on a long vacation since I got the EV2MK4. It is simply amasing and I have had no problems with it other than between my ears.:D