Ev2 anti tamper

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by brotherdeal, Mar 30, 2014.

1. brotherdeal

brotherdeal Member

Club:
    Avon Hawks
    I have just acquired an Ev2 mk4 and the power is a bit on the low side(720) . I would like to remove the anti tamper on the power adjuster, which I am guessing is the small cover on the left side near the breech.
    What is the best method to do this? My first thought was to cut a slot for a flat bladed screw driver with a dremel type tool, but it looks at an awkward angle. Any tips before I tackle this task.

2. gavin hopps

gavin hopps GP 2015 C GRADE CHAMP

Club:
    Pontefract
    I wouldnt do it your self. If you search my posts you will find a post i put on about getting anti tampers removed.
    Best thing is to get someone that nos what they are doing to do it.
    Gav

3. brotherdeal

brotherdeal Member

Club:
    Avon Hawks
    I know what you saying about sending it away but I have adjusted the power on my s400 when that was on the low side. I thought if its the same thing I could tweek the Ev2 at the moment its just to low on power at the mo, at 10lbft it needs a little more.

4. shep

shep Member

Club:
    Avon Hawks
    I'll give you a call tomorrow jamie, wont take long to have that anti tamper removed, i've done it quite a few times now ;)

5. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    That's how I do them, just take your time. Easy enough.

6. brotherdeal

brotherdeal Member

Club:
    Avon Hawks
    Thanks Mark, that will be great.

7. raygun

raygun Non member

Manufacturers fit AT.

Their customers remove it.

It's about time the "cover my arse" manufacturers stopped fitting it. It's not a legal requirement anyway, it just stops "customers" complying with the law.

ATB
    Ray.

8. rich

rich Active Member

If you fancy a trip to Shebbear, that is an hour and a bit from Junction 27 on the M5, I reckon our resident gunsmith will do it for you. He has jigged up to remove AT from the 400 series.

But be aware that AA may have been more cunning than just plugging the transfer port adjuster. It is likely that the reg pressure has been set high, and compensated by winding up the hammer spring pre-load, all this done with the TP wide open, so there is no further upwards adjustment available without a strip down and a mod to the reg. And the reg will be done up so tight you need something like 600 Nm of torque to undo it. :eek:o