EV2 Accessory rail

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by MarkZenEV2, Nov 25, 2014.

1. MarkZenEV2

MarkZenEV2 New Member

Hi lads, can anyone tell me what would typically be fitted to the accessory rail? I have spirit level/windicator etc already fitted to the gun (not in rail though). I'm guessing maybe an additional front hand mounting/grip. Also any pics or contacts would be great, other than Rowan engineering, can't find much else on web. Regards.

2. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Sling stud, extended hamster mountings and small target type bipod legs are the ones that immediately come to mind. And owners still drill the stocks all over!:rolleyes:

3. gavin hopps

gavin hopps GP 2015 C GRADE CHAMP

Club:
    Pontefract
    Weights, Hand stops aswell.

4. MarkZenEV2

MarkZenEV2 New Member

I was looking for hand stop/grip if possible. Give me something to hold onto at the front of the stock. I heard that if you extend your front hand when shooting, then it's possible to be steadier, whilst taking the shot.

5. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    On an EV2? What's wrong with holding the front of the hamster? If you want a hand stop just put a weight on.

6. scruff

scruff Member

Club:
    purley chase
    look at most of the top shooters....they all get their hand as far forward as possable:)

7. Damo1

Damo1 version 2.0

Club:
    Castle
    Or look at the 10mtr shooters who have to shoot increadably consistantly standing at a virtually unseeable target and see where they rest the gun , admitably they shoot level and flat but still they are amazing at it ...........

8. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Not so sure about that at all because there are too many variables for that too be correct, clothing, build, strength, balance, cant, rifle, head position, butt-hook, grip, personal tension profile - and the list goes on.

In fact everything I've read and seen suggests that is wrong and there can't be one rule that fits all. I'd agree with some generalisation but everything I've seen is a variation of the 5:3 principle and not put you're hand as far forward as possible, if I did that it would seriously unbalance me 100%.

9. MarkZenEV2

MarkZenEV2 New Member

Cheers lads, thanks for the advice. Being new to the sport i'm constantly learning. It good to have the opinions of those, who have far more experience, than myself.

10. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    There's an Events Photo's sub forum on here somewhere - have a look for the photo sets from the Grand Prix events especially. It will give you a really good idea about how people tend to hold their rifle and what attachments people commonly fit.