Euro's shoot off's

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Ratinator, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Gent's
    I am over seeing the euro's shoot off's this year and i'm hopeing it will be a worthy finish to a top weekend's shooting.
    I plan to put out 4 lane's with a single target in each,the pair or trio in the shoot off, to be on the coarse at the same time.
    It will be a timed shoot off,
    with 1 or 2 minute's depending wether we shoot a 12 or 24 shot comp[24 each target shot twice]

sequence of shot's, lane 1 sit, 2 kneel, 3stand, 4back to sit
    1kneel ,2stand, 3sit, 4kneel,
    1stand ,2sit, 3kneel, 4stand

Would it be acceptable to put out 25mm kill's to 25yds, bearing in mind each target will be shot in each position?
    I would appreciate some feed back on this ,as i have never been involved with a shoot off before.
    Places 11 to 15 to be decided by shooting against each other at two rack's of chicken's [as many shot's as needed,first to knock all 5 down goes through.
    Thanks
    simon

2. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    wow, that's a lot of shots for shoot offs at the end of 2 days shooting for those lucky enough to be in the placings

You will have to pardon my ignorance for being out of FT for a while, but is the Euro's a sillouette comp now, like the nefta classic?

3. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Please explain, What has shooting chickens on racks got to do with the Euros:rolleyes: silly idea simon..two shots each and sudden death for the lesser places, If its a shoot off for 1st then 2 sitting, 2 kneeling and 2 standing until some one wins...:)

4. aitchuk

aitchuk Member

Club:
    redfearns
    Simon easyest way for shoot off's pick a lane with plenty of room for spectators = presure:D
    first shooter shoots far target kneeling then closer target kneeling then closer target standing
    followed by far target standing. Repeat for all subsiquent shooters if scores are drawn repeat
    or move on to a more dificult lane this way multiple shoot of can take place
    you sorting 1st and 2nd or how meny are in contention for the top spot
    and your deputies using other lanes to sort the lesser places
    hope this makes sence
    Aitch

5. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    shoot off's

I know the rack's are associated with the classic,but the thought was that the lower placing's are only divided by a few pound's so might be more spectator freindly to watch.

The euro's has nothing to do with the rack's ,just thought it might be a bit different.

I'm open to idea's ,that was the point of the thread.
    My main question is about kill size,would a 25mm at 20-25 yd's be acceptable?

Thank's for the replies
    simon

6. dave croucher

dave croucher ÃŒch bin ein Meister Man

rule 16 bfta main shoot rules

Id have a read of the above before sticking sillies out mate

7. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Thank you Mr Croucher

Ok so the rack's are gone,i'll sort the minion's out on sudden death shoot off.
    Thank's dave you've confirmed what i was after.
    rgds Simon

8. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    25mm target's

Ok guy's and girl's
    I am going to leave out 7 lane's for the shoot off's this year.
    1 to place people between 11-15
    2 to place people between 6-10
    And 4 to sort 1-5
    I intend to use a 25mm target set at no more than 25yds ,probably more like 20yds.
    In a shoot off scinario would this be acceptable,if not I can extend the range and put in a 40mm.
    Your thought's would be greatly appreciated
    Simon

9. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Personally I don't mind, after all your the organisers however if its intended for discipline shots I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the words BFTA and rules

10. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Shoot off rule's

As far as I can see the rule of thumb is it should be in keeping with the comp,maybe it's best that I put all 40mm.
    That way everyone will be happy:rolleyes:

11. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    How about keeping it simple, 3 target per lane one stand, one kneel and one sit. Depending on weather conditions 40, 45 and 50 respectively. Another harder lane then if still a tie at 45, 50 and 55.

Just my thoughts.

12. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Idea

The thought was that if all shooter's were on the course together, then there would not be any wind advantage.
    I want all people shooting the same disapline at the same time.
    We'll do 3/4 lane's of 40mm target's for top places

13. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

If your going to use reduces for shoot off's just use common sense and don't place them where your going to get blown about by the wind when it comes to your turn to shoot them standing,for example not down in the area where the zero range is.

14. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Shoot off's

We have requested two toilet's for the course, the shoot off's will be between these toilet's.
    My plan is to set these target's on day two in such a way they will be suitable for the shoot off's.
    The plan is for the shoot off's to be in the centre of the course,not the field.
    Simon

15. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

Good stuff,i spoke to Rodger yesterday to see if it's possible to have a set of silhouettes at the euro's too,down on the zero range,NOT as a part of the euro's,but as a means of promoting the sport of silhouette shooting in our country to the public.Maybe even inviting the public to have a go themselves.
    Going to speak to Harry Preston of steyr uk if maybe he would be intrested in coming along with afew of the various guns too.
    If it is possible to do this then it needs putting in a place where the public can view whats going on at not a disruption to the main shoot,would of thought near the zero range is ideal.

16. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Insurance

I know it would be an idea to involve the public,but I think it's asking for trouble.
    What happen's if there is an accident,if someone is heading home from the game fair ,who's to say how much alcohol they have consumed?
    If Mr Moy think's it's a good idea, then discuss it further with him.
    If people want a rack of sillies to practise their stander's on, then I can probably sort it, but I think the public thing is a no no.
    Let's face it sillies are not a good intro to field target,all it will do is make the public think they don't want to do FT if it 's that hard.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  17. tonto.boy

tonto.boy Member

Club:
    Nelson Air Rifle Club.
    Euros

Ratinator I am not shooting the Euros but I am going with Berty .On Saterday he is shooting in the morning if you wont a extra marshal for the morning have a word with Berty ok.
    John Parry.

18. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Thank's

Thank you John
    I'm sure we can slot you in some where.