Euro's Banner's

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Ratinator, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Looking for suggestion's for advertisement banner's for the Euro's.
    Thinking maybe a top shooter or young new commer sat at one end and tin chicken at the other.
    Weston park european championship's,bfta web address, possibly banner maker's logo.
    Anyone that can make these please get in touch.

Top shooter[maybe a life size MR Daniels saluteing:eek::D
    Maybe we could make the new commer face of ft a prize for best junior in the GP series?
    thanks
    simon

2. mintyrn10

mintyrn10 Roll on the weekend!

Club:
    REDFEARNS
    'huskeysteve' on here has a sign and print buisness and also makes banners , get him the pictures and designs and im sure he'll make them to any size ;) he's away fishing at the moment JR hartley style he'll be back for weekend

rick

3. slug-shooter

slug-shooter One day I will beat you

Club:
    Down Field Target Club
    Thought this year at the Euro's there were not as many of the public taking time out to see all the shooting going on,thought it would be a good idea to have little signs along the path pointing in to where we are shooting as it seemed to me, as we are further in, not everyone can see what's going on and just walking straight past us :mad:

4. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    public's eye

That's the idea behind the banner's,spell out what we are doing.

5. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    That's the idea behind the banner's,spell out what we are doing.

Did any of us know what we were doing? lol :D

6. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    They were better off not seeing you anyway you would put them off for life

7. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    A life size mr danials, :eek: make a good scarecrow :D Im not sure about this obsession with promoting the sport of FT to the public, in the years ive shot the euros, ive heard mostly negative bull crap:( Lets face it even the Airgun mags act as if FT doesnt exist, personally i think we should be putting more thought into
    where at western park the euros should be held, Im sure plenty of people will disagree with me on this point...but...compared to the old wood that has sadly been chopped down, I thought the course was one dimentional, featureless, to many targets visible from lane to lane, and pretty boring, (not a dig at the course builders) i know u can only work with what u have got, But ithink the Euros should br shot on a more interesting course than that... say the wood where the worlds was shot some years back....marc fisher:)

8. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    while the have a go speed shoots etc were great fun for no 1 son, I did think that a have a go ft range was definatley missing.

First time at euro and walking in from the nearest (lurcher) car park it would have been very easy to miss the course.

What is needed is display boards next to the road / path telling the basics of what Ft is.
    Then something pointing towards the Shoot.
    The Bfta marquee was definatley in need of a Banner

Also need a big sign saying come and have a "free go at ft.

I would like to have seen a couple, maybe three lanes in the course at some point. Well perhaps to the Right of lane 1 between the Zero. Give have a goers the feeling of being on the course.
    Get them interested.

three lanes, easy, average and a bit harder.
    Need three guns i guess, something like.
    S400 (right or leftish handed use?)
    Pro target
    Ev2

Leaflets to hand out, Bfta details, club details etc.

Of course it needs manning? but I would have hoped that like the marshalling, if a rota was draw up so shooters did an hour each or so it could work?
    Potential helps names down in print please, especially Mfta shooters as i would guess most visiting the shoot would be potential members from that region?

Seems little point to me just drawing show goers into the firing line, where there nothibng to show or explain what was happening?

i did hear the 2013 course is to go the Woods used as a worlds a few years ago, somewhere down by the fishing area?
    At least you had some decent wind to make it interesting sunday, though I agree the course needed a few tree in the middle to break it up a bit?
    just imagine what it would have been like with the gp standard "no" wind lol. Hang about, Fisher might have hit some then lol :p.

9. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    When u have actually shot a euros comp, then u have the right to comment, until then keep it buttoned:rolleyes: u foolish numpty

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  10. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Oh, I forgot i am not experienced enough to read a course:rolleyes:

11. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

The lack of signs was the only negative element of the Euro's for me (except missing too many targets)
    The marquee even had a big empty frame on it for a banner.

The sport of FT definitely needs promoting in every possible way. After the Euro's last year Andy Calpin was talking about setting up a "Have a go at FT" stand at this years Euro's and some of us were very quick to put our names down to help. I was more than happy to spend my spare time on this, but it came to nothing. I don't know why the idea was dropped.
    A banner explaining the basics and the challenges of FT would be great, with a catch frase or heading something like "Are you up to the challenge of FT" or "The most fun you can have with an airgun"
    With tens of thousands of people walking right past us at the Euro's I think we have seriously missed a trick.
    Last year we spoke to hundreds of people about our sport (because of more signs and a shooting line outside of the woods)
    This year I didn't see more than a couple of dozen public interacting.
    Do we really want our sport to stagnate? I don't.

Atb,

Alec Gibbs.

12. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    and no toilet on the course :(

13. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Ive shot at the Euros for the last three/four years now (i think) and every year bar this one ive had Joe public come up to me and ask questions, have a look at the rifle etc, this year over the two days i had one chap ask me what distances we shoot and that was it :confused:
    I also think the course suffered this year and to me having targets stuck on a pole in an open space is boring to shoot and also to watch. Again im not having a go at the course setters but the feel and atmosphere of the original course has been lost plus we are now hidden away from the public. We at Tawd Vale do a country fair a couple of times a year and we do a "have a go" FT stand where the public (under supervision) can use the equipment we actually use. We also have a permanently manned desk with FT/HFT outfits on display along with targets and printed cards with contact details so they can see what its all about. We usually pick up a couple of members each time so it obviously works. Surely we can arrange something similar for the Euros?

14. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Tis the way forward... think Calps had something in mind. I'm sure if he sticks his hand up and says he needs a hand with something we can find the volunteers. Needs quite a few as running such can be exhausting if it's popular...

Just need say a few guns like s400's, s200's, and cheap rangefinding scopes. Perhaps a gunshop or something could sponsor, dunno...

We've got a year... stick colours to mast and get on it.

15. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Im up for it :eek: put my name down for a stint :cool:

16. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    coarse issue's

The reason for the new shooting line was because the tree's available were too far away,we could not put target's on pole's because of the small rise in the ground.
    The rise was basicly were we sat,there are proposal's for a new area next year.
    The[ have a go] i think was scrapped due to insurance,not lack of volunteer's.
    Will see what can be done about this next year,we'll get some banner's done and possibly some info pack's.
    Not sure about the toilet's dave,will see what we can come up with.
    Must admit i needed a waz,and was glad no public were arround:D:D
    Keep the feed back comeing,so we can improve for next year.
    simon

17. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

Put my name down, I'm up for helping out.

Atb,

Alec Gibbs 60537

18. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    What about a projector screen with a demo on what FT is about, short 2-3min sequence on a repeat loop. It could be inside a marquee with a banner outside advertising the Europeans.

I think it would be good and much less hassle than trying to sort out insurance and people to help the "have a go".
    You could have a description of the targets and how they work, a close up of the scope turrets and how to dial in settings, describe the side wheel and parallax mechanism. The sitting, kneeling and standing positions.

The problem is the public who call over to watch perhaps do not get close enough to see the guns and how the scope operates, also time prevents shooters giving a full description of what is quite a technical sport, it's also not the best spectator sport.
    A large bundle of flyers on a table with clubs and contact details provided would also help inside the marquee. A couple of BFTA members in the marquee at any given time should also be on hand to answer questions, these members could be on rotation like the marshals for the course.

Just my opinion.
    Conor
    I would also rotate the target colour yellow then black or white in each lane.

19. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

Thats an excellent idea, especially if "have a go" has major insurance issues. I'm starting up a marquee hire business and I would be happy to provide a suitable marquee with no charge.

Atb,

Alec.