European Open 2014 and SARPA 30 year anniversary shoots.

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by teratopside, Apr 9, 2014.

1. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

The European Open 2014 has now been cancelled
    This will now only be the
    SARPA 30 year anniversary shoot
    For more information please contact Sarpa.

Stuart
    . .

2. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    That's a dam shame I was looking forward to watching some of the best airgun shooters on the planet showing us all how it's done , never mind I'll just go to Weston park and shoot the FT euros :):):):):)

3. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    Well, I for one am still intending to go, if only to to support (and recognise) those shooters who trek "dahn sarf" to compete on a regular basis.

Its about 48 years since I last shot in Scotland!

4. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Other than all shooters needing insurance cover unless covered by an organisation they belong too are there any other issues relating to the licencing of sub 12 rifles north of the border that us southerners need to be aware of?

5. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    No licensing yet ... be patient

6. capoople1

capoople1 New Member

Club:
    Grampian ARC
    sarpa 30th anniversary scottish open thingy

Apparently it's going something like this(for the time being,at least):eek:o :eek:o

The Big Event in August has been discussed at the Reps Committee meeting held today the 7th June 2014.

This Event is still taking place and all shooters are welcome to attend this event. The Event is being renamed to the Scottish 30th Anniversary Open.

To ensure you get a camping Spot please sign up asap. Sign up is being extended to 5pm on Wednesday the 6th August 2014. Sign up is being capped at 120 shooters. If you book in the first 120 then the Fee for this will be £20 adult & £10 Junior anyone turning up on the day who has not signed up or after the 120 slots have been filled will be charged £25 entry Fee for adults.

To sign up this can be down through the SARPA website or a postal application can be made this form will be available on the website by the 12th June 2014. If Signing up by postal form you can send in a cheque made payable to SARPA for the Entry fee for your appropriate booking.

The Format of the weekend will be as follows this is Subject to change depending on the number of shooters at the event or at the discretion of SARPA.

Day 1

All shooters to be signed in by 9am.

Safety Brief 9:15am

Shotgun Start 9:30am For Alpha Course

Once all competitors have shot the course it will be available in the afternoon for anyone to go round again on Alpha Only.

From Aprox 2pm until 5:30pm there will be side shooting competitions going on.

These will be

Silhouette Target Shooting Rules will be posted for this by the 7th July 2014

Long Range Distance Challenge Rules will be posted for this by the 7th July 2014

Open Sight Challenge (Open sight rifles will be supplied for this) Rules for this will be posted by the 7th July 2014.

The Fee for this will be £5 for all three side shoots and you can enter as many times as you like. Each side shoot will have a winners Trophy only.

Day 2

All shooters to be signed in by 9am.

Safety Brief 9:15am

Shotgun Start 9:30am For Bravo Course

Presentations will take place at approx 2:30pm for the winners.

Bravo Course will be available for anyone to shoot again after the presentations have been completed.

7. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    Have a free bump for this topic from me.

But having given this further consideration and taking on board the revised event I really don't think I can justify the 1000 mile round trip unless i can get someone to share it with me. Anyone else from dahn sarf interested?