European Open 2014 and SARPA 30 year anniversary shoots.

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by teratopside, Apr 9, 2014.

1. teratopside

teratopside New Member

European Open 2014 and SARPA 30 year anniversary shoots.:shot:

The Scottish Air Rifle and Pistol Association are very proud this year to host the European Open HFT championships in conjunction with the SARPA 30th anniversary celebrations and would like to invite our fellow enthusiasts to join us for these occasions on the 9th and 10th August 2014.

The venue is Waukmill shooting grounds near New Deer in Aberdeenshire. This is Grampian ARC’s home grounds and arguably the best HFT site in Scotland if not the UK.

The grounds offer a great mix of scenery and variance of shots. There will be two fully compliant UKAHFT courses laid out, each shot on a different day by each competitor. One course circumvents a hillside of deciduous woods and will be in full foliage. The targets will be perhaps an afterthought while surrounded by such beauty however they are there to be shot and competition will be tough on the day and the courses will be set out to testing and tricky.

The second course will be no easy feat either. Variety is the name of the game for this one. Under the deeper darker canopies of the coniferous forest our metal quarry awaits us, while other targets while be offering there kills for some and plates for many others in a tricky gully and quarried area, where the wind will catch the unwary and perhaps even fool the experienced. A few will even be out of the gloom and perched amongst greener woodland.

Truly both courses will be a feast for the connoisseur of HFT shooting and provide days that will live long in the memory.

Other side shoots and entertainment will be on offer on the day to keep you busy also.

Of course the weekend is not just all about the shoots, there will be plenty time to after the Saturday shoot to meet up and give us all the opportunity to meet new friends and share our tales of woe or victory.

There is on site camping and motorhome space available and bound to be a bit of a party on Saturday for those that don’t mind shooting with a headache on the Sunday morning. Mind the saying when in Rome, do as the romans do, we operate a similar system in Scotland so the expectation is you take a wee tipple J

If you prefer to stay in more civilized accommodation, there is plenty of B&B’s around New Deer and the picturesque ports of Peterhead and Fraserburgh are not too far off. Aberdeen is 25 miles from the ground and an ideal place to let the good lady go out shopping while you enjoy the shooting if the ball and chain insists in coming along without her rifle.

And what’s it cost, well not a lot. £20 per adult and £10 per junior covers both courses.

So Head along to the SARPA site and fill an application for your chance to shoot in this very special of European Opens. Spaces are limited and this will be an occasion that will be well remembered.

Event details on the SARPA web site

http://sarpa.org.uk/index.php/events/2014-events/event/1-sarpa-30th-european-open-celebration

Thanks to John McB for the above article!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. johnbam

johnbam Member

Club:
    New Caledonian ARC
    It would be good to see a lot of our shooting cousins from across the borders attend this - will be good days :D

3. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

the Europeans

Hi there,wow this sounds great as a few of my mates wanted to go over to Poland for the Europeans but just a few questions please.
    Are there any country's entering team s
    Is this the same competition that has been held in Poland for the past two years
    Is the courses been set to ukahft 2o14 rules
    Is the competition been sanctioned by ukahft
    I,m sure there will be more questions from other people but that's mine to start please
    Cheers Ian

4. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    I'll be there - and looking forward to it.

5. teratopside

teratopside New Member

We hope all home nations mange to put forward a team and as many other nations as we can manage.
    I'm looking forward to a great weekend of shooting and camp site banter.

All the best
    Graham
    SARPA

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Club:
    SCOTIA FTC
    Hft only that counts me out pity as sarpa represents all forms of shooting in scotland

7. teratopside

teratopside New Member

We're trying to get our ft guys to set a course as well but but for now its hft and some fun side shoots like the 70 yard challange.
    Cheers
    Graham

8. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    When I first read through this I missed Graham's replies to Ian Bainbridge as they were included in the quoted text; just to make it a bit clearer to folk who have the same poor sight as me:

Are there any countries entering teams?

A: Yes, so long as a country can put a team together there will be a country score.

Is this the same competition that has been held in Poland for the past two years?

A: This is an additional events its planned as a 30 year celebration of SARPA and an invitation for all nations to come compete. Need to check if poland is still on this year.

Will the courses be set to UKAHFT 2014 rules?

A: Absolutely all SARPA hft events are run as UKAHFT compliant

Has the competition been sanctioned by UKAHFT?

A: Yes Pete knows all about the shoot and we will be working with Stuart Webb. (Pete's guy in Scotland) to make sure everything is compliant.

9. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Can I just state that the shoot has not been sanctioned as an offical UKAHFT comp or the euros

Pete

10. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Is the shoot fully insured?

I heard a rumor that there was no liability insurance for the shoot and competitors had to show a valid personal insurance card or they would not be allowed to shoot?

Is this true?

Thanks

Gary

11. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Hi Gary

I think you do need your own insurance to shoot in this event.
    It is stated at the end of the application form.
    Hope someone from Sarpa can clarify this for you.

Stuart

12. teratopside

teratopside New Member

Sorry Pete, I meant to say you are well aware of the event and have no issue with it!

A: Yes, so long as a country can put a team together there will be a country score.

Is this the same competition that has been held in Poland for the past two years?

A: This is an additional events its planned as a 30 year celebration of SARPA and an invitation for all nations to come compete. Need to check if poland is still on this year.

Will the courses be set to UKAHFT 2014 rules?

A: Absolutely all SARPA hft events are run as UKAHFT compliant

Has the competition been sanctioned by UKAHFT?

A: Not Sanctioned as it is not part of the UKAHFT event schedule but Pete knows all about the shoot and we will be working with Stuart Webb. (Pete's guy in Scotland) to make sure everything is compliant. [/QUOTE]

13. teratopside

teratopside New Member

Clarification:

There is full insurance for the event under our NSRA policy as well as all club or association shooters, For clarity anyone who is a member of an NSRA affiliated club or is covered to attend under their club insurance as are SARPA as a body .

Anyone who is shooting as an individual and not as part of an insured club or is coming from another nation will require proof of insurance.
    Most insurance policies cover shooters for international competition, we just want to make sure everyone is covered to protect everyone's interests.

Cheers
    Graham

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  14. teratopside

teratopside New Member

Pete is correct, sorry sanctioned is the wrong word, Pete is fully aware of the event, this is a Scottish event and an invite for all nations to come shoot one of the best courses around, it is not intended to replace any other event nor is it part of the UKAHFT schedule. It's a celebration of 30 years of SARPA and competitive shooting in Scotland.

The event will be run in full compliance with UKAHFT regs and we will have the Scottish UKAHFT rep on hand and competing.

If you fancy being crowned Scottish "European invite champion" get yourself register and we'll see you there.:shot:

Cheers
    Graham

15. Steven842

Steven842 " if yar crap yar crap "

Club:
    Alloa & district RC
    Graham kudos to you guys for organising such an event but why call it the Europeans when it's not the Europeans.... Seems too of caused some confusion

wouldn't it of been better to name the comp the Scottish centenary championships ? Or worded it better ?

16. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Hi Graham

UKAHFT Scottish representative.
    If this is me? I am sorry but I will not be attending the event.
    I have other arrangements on the event dates.

Stuart

17. jedi020

jedi020 Red Dwarf

Club:
    Dunfermline Arc .... Juniper Green Arc
    Does it involve Vosene by any chance :)

18. teratopside

teratopside New Member

Stuart
    Sorry you wont make it ,we were looking forward to having you there, Guess Greg will have to stand in.

Cheers
    Graham

19. teratopside

teratopside New Member

Man who would think a name would cause so much of a headache but I take your point.

When setting up the event we chewed it back and forward a few ways.

Some candidates we're
    SARPA international shoot.
    SARPA World shoot ( Rejected for obvious reasons)
    SARPA celebration shoot.

Right or wrong we ended up with SARPA European invitational championship.
    (Yes we hope teams from out with Europe will be there too) Oh and BTY your all invited...:D

Rather than get hung up on a name here's what it is.

It's an invite to all nations to come shoot an international event in Scotland as part of a weekend of shooting with side events camping as a celebration of 30 years of SARPA events and a chance to have a blether and set the world to rights.
    Whether as teams or as individuals we welcome all comers. (We've even found one of the original guys who's still shooting!)

It's the first time we're setting an event of this scale, will we get everything perfect we hope so but we're only going to get better by doing :)

So bring it north and bring it on !

Cheers
    Graham
    SARPA

20. Steven842

Steven842 " if yar crap yar crap "

Club:
    Alloa & district RC
    May I ask what event are you providing for the FT community you represent Graham ?