European HFT Championships... (Grupont, Tellin, province de Luxembourg, Belgium) [04 May, 2019]

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by bamse, May 26, 2018.

European HFT Championships...
Start Date: 04 May, 2019 10:00 AM
End Date: 05 May, 2019 06:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Rue Burlin 1
Grupont, Tellin, province de Luxembourg, Belgium 6927

Posted By: bamse

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. bamse

bamse New Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    KeithW and Where's Molly like this.
  2. bamse

bamse New Member

There is a rumour going round that this event is cancelled.
    This is not true.

What changed, is that the organizers (H-FT-Benelux) cancelled the cooperation with WHFTO.
    The event will go on as planned, and it will be a great shoot. Not to be missed!

Things that changed:
    - It's no longer necessary to register national teams in advance. The best scoring shooters of each country will count to the score of the national team.
    - Entry fee is lowered to 50 euros instead of 60. Shooters who have already paid their registration fees, will receive a refund of 10 euros.

Have you seen the promo video, by the way????
    http://www.h-ft-benelux.eu/Promo/HFT-2019.mp4

On behalf of the board of H-FT-Benelux: Patrick, Alex and Alex

Leon

MTA and Zephyr11 like this.
  3. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Nomads
    I hadn't heard about any changes Leon but glad its still going ahead, look forward to seeing you in May.:cool:

4. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Would-be HFT shooter.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Looking forward to this weekend - bags packed...! :cool:

5. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Well-Known Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Just packing now....including Mollydog's bag!!

6. bamse

bamse New Member

Here's some statistics about the course.
    In dutch, but you'll get the meaning.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Where's Molly and Ash Bailey like this.
  7. Jonas Fehlhaber

Jonas Fehlhaber New Member

Club:
    LSV Noarderloft
    First up, congratulations to all winners and a big thank you to the HFT Benelux team, all volunteers, participants and sponsors for putting together such a great competition!

Special thanks to my squad mates John, Istvan (and his wife) and Rens (I couldn’t have done it without you!) for a wonderful and competitive time!

The extreme weather conditions made day 1 rather challenging, but despite the snow, hail, rain, wind and plenty of mud, shooters brought home the bacon! In the springer class, especially Gary and Chuck (or was it Andy?), with very solid scores given the circumstances. The course was difficult with most target being far away, sometimes difficult to range by eye and the wind being strong and often unpredictable. My own scores weren’t that great, and I ended up with a shared sixth place with Oscar after the first day.

The weather on day 2 was a lot friendlier, with the occasional rain shower, but the wind kept things interesting. My squad mate Rens and I started off very well, (temporarily) beating Simon and Thom (PCP!!!) in the squad behind us. Despite being on a secret product testing mission, Simon found the time to teach me some HFT etiquette, i.e. faceplate = BOLLOCKS!

I kept missing a couple of targets and fell behind Rens, who began showing off his exceptional skills in the wind, hitting long targets with amazing consistency. After a smiley face and a very unlucky miss on his side, I was able to catch up again and we kept it exciting to the very end. With one point ahead, I was able to make up for my poor score of the previous day and we ended up in a tie.

To our surprise we were up for a shoot-off for place one and two, merely one point ahead of Gary and Andy who had to battle it out for place three and four.

The shoot-off happened in strong winds with three targets set out at their maximum distances; Andy was able to decide the shoot-off in his favor and I was lucky to hit a 15mm kill with my first shot.

Afterwards the winners of the five classes (open, springer, ladies, junior and veteran) had to compete with a Umarex prototype biathlon style rifle in a speed shoot competition, trying to shoot five targets as quick as possible. I was lucky again and won an amazing Schmidt & Bender 10x42 HFT!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Leo Bokkum for putting up with me and my nitpicking and the endless nights we spent in his workshop working on my springers.

Thank you also to Oscar, Hielke and Jacob for the comradery, the countless hours of training, sharing of tips and tricks and the occasional motivational speech (read: trash talk)! And thank you to all members of LSV Noarderloft, I am proud to be part of it!

Finally, thank you Cyril, Hielke, Jacob, Matthieu, Oscar and Piet for a great weekend.

Looking forward to our next adventure together in Poland!

8. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Would-be HFT shooter.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    What a well organised two days. Thanks a million to the Benelux team who worked so hard on the two courses.

The location was beautiful, the weather on Saturday was stunning. Rain, snow, hail, sun. Bloody freezing wind too. My waterproofs weren't, I now know what wet and cold really is.

Thanks to the sponsors, very generous and it's always great to see the industry's support for our sport.

Thanks to my shooting buddies Dominic and Keith from Wendover, and Cyril from clog-land.

Well worth the 1,000 mile round trip. Thanks for the company Mr Male!

Come on Brits, get off your donkeys and support the Benelux events!

Corbarwolf, Where's Molly and Tone like this.
  9. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Nomads
    Great competition and great company, thanks Ash Bailey.

The courses were challenging enough without icy winds,rain, hail and snow, and a 40 target course on both days made for some real character building. Well done the organisers for all the hard work and definately an event that will go in the calender next year.

Well done to the England team and Dave Ramshead, Michelle, Jay and Mike, Gary came very close to make it a clean sweep for GBR, results can be found here for all the different classes: Uitslagen Euro HFT 2019 – Benelux Field Target & Hunter Field Target

and some photos are starting to come in but videos and drone footage will be posted soon i am sure: Gallerij – Benelux Field Target & Hunter Field Target

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  10. Dom Guzik

Dom Guzik New Member

Club:
    FSG Starnberg
    We also would like to say thank you for the organisatiors, helpers and participants that made this a wonderfull weekend for our german bunch.
    We hope to see many in a few weeks in Poland.

Tone and Zephyr11 like this.