Entry qualifications for U know what!

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by herx77, May 2, 2009.

1. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Sparky, has any thought gone into including an invitation to the relevant years 'Gathering' for having acheived a placing at the 'Worlds HFTA' that year.
    As the 'Premier'competition of HFT each year(The Worlds),the competition being international and rather special, it wouldn't take much to include placings there as a requirement for the 'Gathering' and also give an incentive for bringing in foreign shooters,spreading the HFT gospel.
    As all that years UKAHFT comps qualify for the final 'Gathering' it seems odd that 'The Big One' doesn't.
    HERX77 .

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Unfortunately places for the Gathering are limited & the whole idea is you qualify by coming in the top 8 & attending at least 4 UKAHFT shoots, it wouldn't be very fair to exclude some regular UKAHFT shooters in preference to shooters who might not be doing or supporting the UKAHFT season.

3. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Mike as Pete has said the Gathering is for people who support the UKAHFT series not a one off comp.

I think you must be obsessed with the Gathering as i remember the other year you wanting the top 3 twangers to qualify, but funny how you only ever ask when you would be in the running :p;):D

Pete

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Mike, Do you really think we should drop the UKAHFT qualification numbers by 24 shooters to enable the WHFTA placings a place or are you suggesting just the top 6:rolleyes:

5. herx77

herx77 Member

Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    I would include the previsor of the 4 attendances to apply,and by attending the 'worlds' the attendees are advertising the sport and supporting it arguably more so than the national series,as the 'worlds' are by definition world wide and would attract more publicity and education for the general public as to what HFT and responsible shooters are all about.That in its self is a major input and boost to HFT compared to a somewhat restricted view of the national series,not that that in any way deminishes the work the series has done in the past,but I imagine we are looking to the future as HFT developes and moves ahead. I thought the suggestion in the post would reflect that of its prestigue.Or not?
    HERX77 .

6. herx77

herx77 Member

Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Pete 2 years ago I believe I chatted to you about reducing attendences to UKAHFT rounds due to personnal reasons,and you were aware I wouldn't be doing springer but giving the GC2 a bit more attention and having fun,so how was I to qualify,but top 3 shooting springer would,as always,and supported by the real shooter element.Someone has to stand up for them and put their views.:)
    I enjoy a good socialand can always attend the allcomers,atmosphere and the standard is that good that one course is as good as the other,and I don't shoot for trophies,"much" these days,but I do appreciate good company on the course who arn't blinded by 'silverware' but do appreciate a good/resonably decent joke going round.
    Two mentions in 2 years?obsessed.:rolleyes:;)
    HERX77 .

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  7. herx77

herx77 Member

Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Just an idea floated to be taken into account no reference to numbers,how you do/don't do it, as normal is up to 'the committee'.
    Ideas help developement,good or bad.
    HERX77 .

8. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Mike

They are two seperate comps as in any other sport, do winners in the FT Worlds qualify for the showdow, do winners of the FA cup and League cup in football then qualify for the champions league the answer is No!! and its the same for us with the Worlds and UKAHFT.

Now come on Mike you did like silverware a few years ago as remember you wanted 3 trophies at each round for the springer class when we were only getting about 7 entries:rolleyes:

And not being funny Mike would you of posted this thread if you didn't finish in the top 12???

Pete

9. herx77

herx77 Member

Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Not sure about 3 trophies ,just wanted recognition for 'springers',as a number of us thought we were the poor cousins.Correct mw if I'm wrong(which you will of course:D) do Basc sponsor the trophies for the UKAHFT springer winners,if so without them we or springer appreciation shooters wouldn't have a look in.
    Reason for this was chatting at venues it came up,and the several trophies 'I was LUCKY enought to win' are clones of each other from Quarry LVAGC and lincoln, no venue no club.
    Lastly yes, not much of a [pot hunter I get enough flake already for winning them.
    HERX77

10. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

No....UKAHFT paid for those trophies last year & the reason the are "Clones" as you put it is we buy them all together from the same place before the start of season.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  11. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

The number of you being the 5 entries we got that year:rolleyes:

As Scooby has said no BASC stopped thier sponsorship for the trophies on 2006 and last year and this UKAHFT have paid for them, lucky enough Countryman Fairs refunded us this year and took it on.

Good job you didn't win more than 2 then othewise you would have more "Clone" trophies.

Pete

12. herx77

herx77 Member

Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Thanks Scooby,but I was talking about 3&4 years ago and whereas 'Open 'trophies' had identity of the comp where they were won,ie Quarry,Lincoln,or Oxon for example,all the 'springers' had on were:-
    BASC Recoiling Class HFT Trophies,
    and later,
    UKAHFT (year) Winner Recoiling,
    If I hadn't put a sticky on back I wouldn't know where they were won.

The question was generated by your post of 4th, Pete, thanks for Scooby answering and clarifying it.Somewhat.
    However I hav'nt shot springer at UKAHFT for some time and wouldn't know how they are marked now,I'm sure those who do, appreciate it.
    Not bothered about trophies,even doing FT didn't mean that much,some did care though and spent a fortune trying to win.Bit amusing really.
    HERX77 .

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  13. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

No Mike this is what you said

Looks like you were talking about the present to me:rolleyes:

14. herx77

herx77 Member

Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    I was talking from the time I did shoot springers, (with response to Sparkies 4th may 08.23 post) I don't now and havn't for some time (in UKAHFT) at least.
    Its understandable then to refer to the period I shot in and I assumed it was the same as now; (do BASC sponsor the trophies for UKAHFT springer trophies)?hence the question.
    Should have put in 'STILL' after 'BASC'.and 'NOW' after trophies.:rolleyes:
    Maybe I should be more precise but it was a generalised question and didn't require more than a yes, no answer;however it should have been obvious with the given inscriptions where I was refering to.:D
    Never the less the question is still valid,and answered already by Sparkies post of 5.21,today.
    The trophies (of my todays 0840 post)still don't have locations on any of them compared to the open class(of the period I was talking about:rolleyes:), was there any reason for that,as a batch buy it couldn't cost that much more for the info insertion and would have ment something to the recipient looking back in later years ;) and shown care,but without it made it look as if the springers were just tolerated.:confused:.
    HERX77 .

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  15. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Unfortunately Mike adding the locations does cost quite a bit more as we have to pay more for each letter inserted & we have to draw the line somewhere, currently the trophies specify the round number.

You are the only person I've ever heard complain about them although I'm still not sure whether you are just talking about the past or the present also:rolleyes:

I'll tell you what Mike.....If any springer shooters who currently compete in the UKAHFT series aren't happy with the Handmade Pewter Tankards that are up for grabs in their class then please let us know & next year we will look into supplying a cheaper trophy with the hosting clubs name on it. Thinking about it we could save money by providing some of those cheap plastic trophies or 50p medals that some clubs hand out for a National event:eek:

16. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Mike for someone who's not bothered about trophies you seem to be going on about them a lot:confused:

Pete

17. herx77

herx77 Member

Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Supprised you are stringing this post out so far,but nice to see you are considering costings and budget :rolleyes:(not a small spot of sarcasm there),howeverI thought I had defined 'when' I was talking about,and not given an excuse for an extension of what was at most a 2 or 3 answer to a post and given a chance to continue the attitude for which this forum was set up to avoid,looks like a lot of baggage was brought here and not all the problems were on the bbs.
    This started as a serious query, and being involved with shooting through the bad FT days have never been accused or any intimation of 'cheating,or a pot hunter'thrown at me as have been in the last 6 months re- this and the pistols set up.That from people who I thought had known me and don't as this would not been an option, but from feed back seems the norm,thank god many more of importance do and of many years standing and good shooting company.Tends to compensate from those who don't and feel that unsubstantiated accusations is the way to answer a posting by devaluing it.
    I don't see much more mileage here but am aware a lot of people have read this post and chatted to me about it,and are concerned about the attitude to a question.May be more time on the bbs its quieter now, better the devil you know.:rolleyes:
    HERX77 .

18. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Mike, seeing as you have quoted one of my posts in relation to your above quotation I would like you to quote any of my posts that have contained any "unsubstantiated accusations" as you call them ??

As to dragging this post on, I think if you add the number of replies up you will find that not including this reply you've posted 8 times to my 5 & Sparky's 4.

If however you do feel I've maligned you in any way then delete the thread or let me know & I'll do it for you.

19. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Trouble is Mike we are dammed if do and dammed if we don t, if we didn t have a recoiling class then we are wrong, if we didn t have trophies we would be wrong, we supply quality trophies and that seems to be wrong to.

People can t have it all ways, as you know we were thinking of knocking the springers on the head, but its picking up a bit again.

It may seem we are jumping on you but the problem is when we do explain the reasons for not having the Worlds qualifying for the gathering and about the trophies etc you can t seem to accept the answer.

As we said in previous replies the Worlds and the UKAHFT Championships are two totally separate comps and the trophies are all bought before the season starts, yes I suppose it would be nice to have the venue on there and not just what round it was, but what would happen if like the other yeah when we had to bring in redfearns instead of Ottmoors, that then would be wrong when you win a trophy at Redfearn that says Ottmoor, whereas its not an issue with having just the Round engraved.

Pete

20. Levidog

Levidog Member

I must say (as I'm now a recipient of a springer trophy) that I was impressed by the quality of the tankard.

I kind of know what Mike is talking about but I am more concerned with keeping the class going so and I guess if more people did it we wouldn't be classed as "poor cousins" but we make the decision when we enter and with that in mind Mike, come back and join us instead of PCP.

Sean