entering competitions through paypal? or not

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by herx77, Aug 5, 2019.

1. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    I recently tried to enter a well known shooting national competition and after filling the online entry forms out ,went to basket to pay and found that I could not do so as I had not got a paypal account and had no intention of having one (due to previous run ins with them).Unfortunately there is not any other way to pass entry fees to company involved,ie cheque . Has anyone came across this before as, as I see it without an account you are barred from an entry. Help. So far I have not missed any of the previous companies comps even when on crutches and after all it is a nice :eek:relaxing day out with a chance to shoot and chat with old friend .But with no means to pass payment for collection it looks like this years is a miss.Any help gratefully received.
    HERX77 .

2. hamza

hamza Member

Club:
    West London Rangers
    It used to be possible to pay using PayPal without having an account. Is this now not possible or do you object to even using it to pay without an account?

3. dlloyduk

dlloyduk Over Gunned Amateur.

Club:
    NM
    I'd sooner pay with PayPal than antiquated cheque system,so I'm the opposite arguement.

4. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Mike, if it's the RSN10, would you like me to book it for you.

Gary

paul.w likes this.
  5. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Thanks Gary, but I now have to wait to see if Steffie has had her shift changed again.Just a bit curious why the option for a guest try of paypal wasn't used as per Harrogate show. Thanks again I do appreciate the offer.
    HERX77 .