Engravings on Your Airgun

Discussion in 'Useful Links' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Apr 13, 2011.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    From this: http://www.hollowaynaughton.co.uk/hollowayandnaughtonengraving.php

.... I noticed the Welsh dragon on the metalwork...similar to those red stickers some of you place on your scope or butts...and wondered if anyone has ever considered having their favourite action/brand of gun engraved ? or what that be totally OTT :D ?

2. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    I am :D after the worlds maybe

Doing some work for a guy local to me that's just starting up, he's apparently one of 2/3 doing in the UK right now but I don't know how true that is... Seen some of the stuff he's done on laptops and phones and it looks amazing.

edit. Just seen the link, he doesn't do anything like that. more like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    NB: I forgot...obviously it would look best on polished stuff like the Ripley AR5 (or a polished Walther action like Zoltans LGM2 action)

Perhaps its also cheaper ? ie: aluminium is easier for the craftman to work with (softer than steel)...and It would take a quarter of the time ?...

4. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Got our club emblem engraved on the breech of one of my Zenith's, the lion of courage. Looks good with the silver coming out of the deep red.

5. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Re .Engraving

Hi, with regard to engraving actions, would you know of anybody that can inlet an action with gold.
    Gerard.

6. dcj1

dcj1 New Member

I may be speaking out of turn here, but a softer material is not always easier to work with. engraving calls for a lot of fine edges. . . perhaps steel or harder materials will hold the crisp lines better? also ally can be a pig to work with, because it can melt and stick to tooling.. . . . . . . . . . i'm sure someone will be along to correct me if i'm wrong though!!!!