End of lg300

Discussion in 'Walther' started by -=ed, Apr 2, 2011.

1. -=ed

-=ed New Member

Haven't heard anything here lately.

I'm fond of my LG300s, and don't plan to upgrade to the 400.

Is it really that much better, or is Walther trying to create a new revenue stream?

Are others here going to dump their 300s for the new model?

Are there any clearer pics of the rifle-pistol?

What's afoot here?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. cwprice

cwprice Member

lg300

The lg300 is still available off the shelf but in a laminate stock. If you want an Alutec they can build one to order if they still have the spares available. It just took me three months to get one and it had a low serial number. I have been told apparently it is a hunter stock with a carbon shroud. The air tube is longer and very heavy. Just waiting for the junior ali tube to come, hope it is not going to take another three months.

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    at the moment the rumour, comment, is that they won't be doing an 400 higher than 6ft-lb, and if they do, it wont be for a while.

4. Globalstar66

Globalstar66 Member

Guys, let me give you an update on this. I am the South African import agent for Carl-Walther.

I have spent quite a bit of time with the guys at Walther - from the global head of sales to the chief engineer and one of the other designers (and engineer) on the LG400.

Bad news x 2!! Firstly, the LG300 Dominator is NO MORE. In no guise. Walther decided 2 years ago to stop producing the FT versions of the LG300. They were then asked by a bunch of dealers/agents to continue production, so they did.

But, in 2010, they sold less than 20 LG300 Dominators worldwide, so in January this year, they decided to pull the plug on the LG300 domminators. As at 20 January, they had 8 Dommi's still in stock and available (a few Alutecs and a few in laminate). Those would be the last few - period!!

My meetings with the global head of sales and the chief engineer - they categorically stated there would NOT be an LG400 FT version - it wasn't worth their while and the costs and changes needed would not warrant it, as the demand was very small.

This was their official stance on it at SHOT show in Las Vegas in January and they confirmed to me that same view 2 weeks ago at IWA in Germany.

They will focus their FT efforts only on the Hammerli AR20FT rifles which are selling very well globally.

Sorry for the bad news, but that is it.

Cheers

Robbie