Emley Moor Cock O' T North shoot

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by Bensile, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    I do think that the .22 people should have a class of their own as it's recognised in many other comps...it is a more difficult discipline but I think you were the only one so if it'll help I'll have a crack at using my .22 and kneel/stand it so you get the recognition you deserve. If I get a better score doing that, don't shout at me!!:p

2. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

That's very kind of you Nige, but I think you've enough pain shooting as it is!!! :)

Lets just be clear. Last year I took part in a similar 'mini-inters" and fecked it right up,with 38!

This time I was VERY happy to have scored high enough to add to the team score.
    Then it turns out I'm not on the team.....

It has nothing to do with 'Me' as such, as I didn't actually win anything, but did feel good that I held it together when the team Oddball/ springers had scored terribly.

As I said if there is no .22 class, then they can stick it.....what else should I say? 'Yes, feck me, and my score, I agree?"......that would not be honest.

Also A Hope of winning...........the winner,....Andy Hope, no? Well I give up.........

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  3. Bensile

Bensile Well-Known Member

Club:
    Emley moor
    Clear up matters

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Can I please make this clear. I spoke to Tom personally when the inter club was arranged. I informed him then it was springers for the team event and I know he has shot springers and owns one. This he acknowledged at the time and I was happy to have him in the team as I respected him and his ability.

The oddball for cocn was because this is also an open event for everyone.

I have left messages for Tom one to Julie and tried calling him 3 times with no response. Toms chosen media seems to be this forum.

I'm afraid that a person I thought was a friend has now turned a great event into a sour taste.

I've learned in life that to pamper to one individual in this manner is just asking for trouble. Especially as I took the trouble to speak to Tom in this instant personally.

This will be my last post on this matter and you will understand that it's not my usual manner to publicly release my opinions or to try and belittle someone's character when it comes to an individual.

I wish Tom all the best in his shooting.

My many thanks to the 80 plus people who loved the event and we will definitely be holding it again next year and is in the calendar for the end of July as an open event with the Loughborough Lincs inter club included. The same format as this year.

Open ( those that wish to enter any Calibre make and technique legal under UK law)
    Ladies (needs no clarification I assume)
    Junior (under 18 years of age at the start of the year the competition is held)
    Oddball (springers and any calibre not .177 or contraptions legal under UK law)

Inter club
    Top 5 pcp shooters (this includes any caliber)
    Top springer shooter (this includes any calibre)

My kind regards,

Liam

4. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

I don't know why this matters so much Liam, calm down a bit.

I have been excluded from a comp at clubs I enjoy shooting at. The calibre I know and love is excluded from your 'inters'.

Why you feel the need to go into one I don't know....
    Lincs always recognised oddball, I enjoyed competing against Nick and Tinks and others in Oddball.

Loads of comps recognise 'Oddball' as an even playing field for spring/and .22, your comp is set to UK rules..but not that one?

Your Comp doesn't recognise .22.

Can't you just leave me to be not happy with this instead of somehow morphing it into THE issue?
    I wanted to do well for the team, you don't want my calibre involved...this descision affects.....me,just me, so forgive me if I choose to be thoroughly piassed off about my exclusion.

Because in truth I am at a loss as to why you've excluded oddball?

I've actually, finally, started to get others interested in .22, and am not pleased about yet another put down for something I actually care about. Weird I know...but it actually matters to me. So, as before...you can stick it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Tom, sorry mate but you're now coming across as a ****;) and your perceived exclusion is in your head. I'm at a loss as to why you would think this was one bit personal? IMHO you need to step away from the keyboard and think about what you post or else you'll run out of sympathic clubs. I like you face to face but sometimes wince when you post on here.:)