eGun - The Best ! ...Who uses it ?

Discussion in 'Useful Links' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Apr 1, 2011.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Re: www.eGun.de

How many STB have used eGun ?

Savings $$$ are obviously on the big price items, as P&P from Germany is usually Euro30 /33 .

Advantages ? 20% to 30% savings on 2nd hand airguns...from time to time. New, about 5-15% to 20%. These are averages.

Same as buying pre VCR ruling from UK shops long distance...straight to your door step & all Kosher ! :D

Latest purchase: Walther basic stock, in ***MINT*** condition, for total Euro 234 , plus Barclays wire transfer fee & crappy forex rate - all in GBP226. OK, call it 230 ...

:D

Attached Files:

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I bought and sold a mint XT stock which had the inletting bedded by PD for £130 saving GBP90 with no s&h as it was from/to a mate at a shoot. Looked at egun but I'd never buy a good gun without shooting it, kind makes it a no go for 90% of shooters and if a gun is so good why is it being sold?

3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

From my perspective, I just buy the German kit with confidence on EGun. ...which I'm happy to do blindly without the need try first, as I know these guns are mechanically reliable, consistent , accurate, etc as I have read up & done the research...whether new out of box , or 2nd hand, but in TLC condition. After that, its perhaps a power mod., or general mod., if necessary and whether I subjectively want to mod the gun up...

On the other hand, I wholeheartedly agree with regards to having to try out a potential 2nd hand gun purchase , IF it is the AA EV2 Mkxxxx...or DaysState Grand Prix...., SINCE both have a track record of critical moans. Its also like flipping a coin 50/50 If you buy either guns from new, as there is a high statistical chance, either might be a lemon out of the box.

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

There's loads of worn out Walthers/Steyrs/Annies/FWB's out there, probably more on the continent where the people buying this type of rifle shoot more than most of the FT/HFT lads put together. Then there's things like which reg does it have, which valve seal material, servicing who/what when, how much is it likely to shift in temp, what is the track record of it, is it a proven gun etc etc etc. No problem for collectors but for shooters forking out a big wedge, the main consideration is "is this gun a good un"?

Probably a good thing for you, but then your considerations and expectations are totally different to the average FT/HFT enthusiast.;):)

5. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

Probably a good source of P70's with the choke butchered off:rolleyes: Doesn't really matter about the working parts ,what about serial numbers!!!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    No matter, as have already factored in the replacement part for the fwb breech barrel part, now sourced & priced by Fwb factory- for a summer project as I intend to have a new barrel fitted as previously discussed in a thread :D ...dont know about serial numbers as It was originally started for the Dommies by someone for whatever purpose...thought it was a snob appeal thing initially, to let others claim like car license plate their latest Registration letter ...so I thought, well, might as well have a couple of registers for P70s & Anschutzes as well.. ;) ...

Charlts...Youre right, as I dont go through 10s of thousands of pellets like you guys do per season...as I hardly even go through half a tin of pellets per gun, let alone the whole collection ! Hence, because of the limited use of these guns...they are indeed of the ornamental & wall decoration kind as someone kindly suggested in the past...which is good enough for me for now.

...but on other hand, have seen early serial numbered guns sell for silly money in the UK ...on this forum & others...I mean the first question I have NEVER seen a seller ask: whats the serial number ? how many pellets through the barrel ? ...you know what I mean ? and as far as I know, loads of early Dommies are still on the circuit being shot with, and only necessitating occasional replacement seal , or wear & tear parts..etc...

As far as buying airguns from Germany...have never bought anything looking knackered or abused. My first purchase was actually a near mint 9003 Premium, and I didnt hear issues of barrel or accuracy probs when the gun was being modded for 12 ft/lb by the guru. My second purchase likewise, Junior Ans 8002 S2 is brand new, saving a packet off UK retail rice. So eGun does have its use, if one has a keen eye and criteria, when shopping for steal deals. After all, Its not like I saved a bundle on the LG300 stock, but it enabled me to buy a new & discontinued stock with the alu plaques, as opposed to the other identical stock with cheapy spray painted 'LG300',but which ironically, is still a performing stock identical in every way inlet wise to the laminate one..different wood, same inlet ...no difference.

This raises a question from your perspective, by the way: Is there such a thing of barrel wear on airgun barrels ?

7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

According to Walther I managed it, however I reckon it was most probably a zealous VFG clean when the accuracy started to drop off. Although I've heard of it with a couple of other people.