EFTA response to WFTF 2014 Championships

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Sep 5, 2014.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Due to the significant issues which seem to have arisen at the WFTF 2014 Championships, the EFTA will be publishing a statement in response after the Championship's have been closed.

2. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    it needs sorting total shambles:mad:

3. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    Hopefully, it will say that EFTA resigns from WFTF with immediate effect and it plans to publish a set of definitive rules that will enable it to organise a world FT competition in conjunction with WAFTA, SARPA and any other National FT organisation willing to sign up to the rules.

4. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Shambles

What a joke , I just can't imagine spending the best part of 5k and this happening, I feel sorry for all our boys that have made the trip , There must now be a core set of CLEAR rules that have to be followed to the book we have been down this road to meany times it's time to sort it :mad:
    .....Dave

5. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    To the book

We have a very good set of rules that the Bfta have published,these rules are not always adhered to .
    So how will rules be enforced on a world wide scale?
    One thing I am struggling to understand is why are fac rifles being allowed to shoot the same course.
    I think our shooters should be looking at some kind of compensation for this farcical effort at hosting a major event.

6. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Well said, my thoughts exactly,
    with the addition of, any additional member countrys need to be heavily vetted for ability to hold and organise a shoot within the rules, before being allowed to join, and not just allowed in because they asked.

7. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Kneelers ???????

8. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    not competetors

No Scott not the kneeler saga,i was talking more about clubs that host events and do things they want to.
    Like over range targets,combined distance ,reduced targets within targets,15mm targets 20 foot up a tree and targets put out in unsafe positions.
    Thing is if you mention one of the above the responce is it's the same for everyone,so whats the point of thrashing out a rule not to enforce them.:confused:

9. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    High power etc..

Simon,

Regarding this, the persons shooting the high power rifles go in their own class. They are not scored against the shooters using sub 12ft lb rifles..

Berty

10. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    I know that bit

Is the World field target championship not a sub 12 foot comp?
    Why are Fac rifles allowed on the same course,is this something that happens at every Worlds?

11. chloe

chloe Member

Club:
    castle
    FAC Air rifles

In their part of the World most people have around 28 ft lb Air Rifles. So from day one N Z stated people would take part using these to make up shortfall from Euro no shows. Some large estimates were given on how many would be interested. It was also stated that World crown could only go to sub 12 . Local Gun laws have been used to over rule Core Rules before eg as in Germany.
    Cheers Alan

12. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Rob have they now called it off completely?

Bri

13. SDplinker

SDplinker Pellet testing...yawn

Club:
    CASA - California Airgun Shooters Association
    Been waiting to see the tweets and it's silent. I hope they were able to resolve it. It sounds like the primary issue was grinding the Gamo targets to work with the high power and then not testing them. We shoot high power here in the USA as well (20fpe, not 28fpe) and trust me - it's not because we want to limit ourselves. It's because generally speaking the targets don't fare well beyond 20fpe. A 28 fpe .22/.20 etc just kills the targets. Plus if you have to build them to sustain that kind of punishment the settings don't work as well for lower powered rifles.

We have enough reports here of issues and arguments between 12fpe and 20fpe shooters - I can't imagine getting reliability from a target that handles sub 12fpe and 28fpe.

14. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Out of touch with the FT scene now but always interested in the Worlds.
    What has happened exactly?

15. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Think of the worst case scenario, now try to make that worse....This is even worse than that!

16. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    Just a quick update from NZ because I'm knackered!!

Well, I've got to say that after the shambles of day 1 - the Kiwis worked into the night under torchlight and started again at first light to repair, check, double and triple check each and every target and today has been practically stoppage free!

I managed to shoot 88 targets before the shoot was closed for the day due to failing light (it's just past winter here do it gets dark early)

I've really enjoyed the day, and shot my socks off.

I had a splitter that went down and two that didn't - and I'd say the targets are 100% now.
    They've bought some walkie talkies and pulled all the stops out and the organisation has been faultless today.

I didn't think they could pull it off, but I'm pleasantly surprised by today.

I've got 4 lanes to go from course 2 and then another full course to shoot - so only 58 targets to shoot. Some have 9 lanes left to shoot, but if it runs as smoothly as it did today I think they'll pull it off.

Competition is tough in all classes - I think it's a credible world champs and who ever wins it deserves to hold the title. The South Africans have been very strong at this event!

Things went silent this morning because the internet in the whole of NZ went down! But Leanne has been tweeting updates through the shoot once it was back.

Still a bit disappointed that the England Team isn't being recognised - I think we'd stand a very good chance of taking 2nd place and making a credible challenge to first place.

Anyhoo - after 88 targets I'm knackered beyond belief so I'm going to have a soak in the Spa Bath and get ready to go out and kick butt tomorrow.

17. Big Si

Big Si Member

Nice one Bri, keep it up!
    Si

18. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Sorry again but what has happened about the English team?

19. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    I have no idea - everyone at the Worlds seems to have accepted that England cannot have a team. I hope Rob can contest that before the end of tomorrow.

I'm in complete agreement with Conor now - There are no rules in WFTF
    They seem to pick and choose which rules they are going to break and which rules they are going to stick to like glue even when they make no sense at all under the circumstances.

Loads of shooters have come up to me today to offer their support for reinstating Team England (the one with the springer) :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  20. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I've tried Brian.

As it stands nz sec is happy to accept the team and supports it, but has been over ruled by the WFTF out there. We've had no communication back from the chairman.

As I said, come Monday if that stands I won't be. I don't see the point in putting the time in to ask questions of an organisation 3 months ahead of an event in an open forum that every country can read and discuss, that the chairman comments on, only to have it reversed without any communication back the day before the event.

Mick is pretty upset as well.