Dunno if you count a review of a magazine as an equipment review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by McMurphy, Mar 1, 2010.

1. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

Well I bought myself issue three of Airgun Sports Magazine issue 3 to read over a few pints of Ruby Mild and a pork pie in my local Sunday afternoon.:D
    First off you imediately notice its printed on much better quality paper than we normally get from the other Airgunning magazines and should not fall apart and out of its cover, its full colour 66 pages long and the bloke in charge of it is non other than Jim Tyler former editor of long missed Airgunning Magazine Sporting Air Rifle. Inside its nicely laid out and straight off you get the impression its aimed at a more adult market,inside this issue issue 3 there are 49 seperate articles covering all manner of airgunning subjects running from instruction type how to improve your shooting, to reviews of rifles, pistols and scopes, collecting , articles on HFT/FT and even Bench rest competion, hunting articles, spring rifle tunning and a technicol article on how barrel harmonics effect airrifle accuracy.Plenty of good photos too and written by familier faces aswell as some new writers Ive not seen or read before.I'd say there is plenty to read for just about everyone involved in this fun hobby of ours, I'll not be wizzing through this mag in twenty minutes thats for sure. And only £3.25 too, bargain.:)

Iam well impressed and as I said before it strikes me its aimed at a more adult audience,just what the market has wanted for ages, well since Sporting Air Rifles demise really. I'll be subscribing soon as I have the funds.When that'll be god knows :D

Oh and be gentle chaps this is me fustest attempt at reviewing anythang lol.
    Congrats to Jim Tyler and the team behind it, I think its going to sell well.I like it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Got issues 1&2 and found them both very good, awaiting no 3 to reach the local newsagent!

Certainly got more FT and good instrutional pieces in it than the others, which I dont buy

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    i'm hoping my complimentary copy is laying on my doorstep ;)

4. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    As your not paying, are you putting the money towards a new pair of jeans for 2010 Gp season:D?

5. CoolId

CoolId New Member

I took out a subscription at the Shooting Show. It's streets ahead of the pack

Regards

Dave

6. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

Fair play to ya Mr F matey :)

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I am, but it's hard to find ones with the holes just how I want them :D