Drop Compensation Mounts?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by NarkyMark, Apr 21, 2011.

1. NarkyMark

NarkyMark New Member

Club:
    TAWD VALE
    I am trying to get my head around the effects of Drop Compensation mounts to my perceived (seen) trajectory, The ones I have seen are the BKL 260 D7's, from their listed specifications I have calculated that they equate to 10.8 MOA at 45yrds, but what is this figure in real life terms (or in my case layman terms :D) and is there anyway I can input these figures into CG to see for myself?

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    wot it means matey its for ft use for dialing in so your turits dont bottom out or top out etc for getting 55 yards in,if you set your turret and fix it for hft it will not flat your tragetry etc,or u use them for opicaly set up so u dont move the turret at all so you dont get cross over,these are the same idea as useing a scope rail with a 1 degree cant for ft use,if you want a flat trag u hav to go very high on mounts and rail abouts 3 inchs etc to flat top end out but a pain in the butt for close ones,not the sort of set up for hft but ok for ft

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I'm not how to do it except to suggest that it might just shift your aim point up 10.8 MOA at 45 yds... which means your turret would have to be turned down 10.8 MOA from it's current position at 45yds.

[​IMG]

If you can use two peice, adjustables like the sportsmatch will allow it to be spot on.

Are they 30 or 25mm mounts?

4. NarkyMark

NarkyMark New Member

Club:
    TAWD VALE
    Thankyou!

Many thanks, damn and I thought I'd found the Holy Grail :rolleyes: :D

5. NarkyMark

NarkyMark New Member

Club:
    TAWD VALE
    Sorry Rob replied as you did! I did think that would be the case about rising 10.8 MOA, as my current setup is around 4.5MOA @ 45yrds all it would appear to do is shift aimpoint above my crosshairs! Thus creating more of the same headache but the opposite way around! :D

I'm presuming they are 1" mounts as they are from 200 series but it does not actually say? :confused: