Dowry Hill

Discussion in '2014 Events' started by Strokebloke, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    This first taster group consists of 'food priority' MFTA contestants

[​IMG]

Val - having a well earned break, after the morning consignment of shooters had been through the briefing and departed for the course. And though I didn't understand why, he implied that he had been 'caught-out ~ slacking'. As a footnote : Val was still working when everyone else had left.

[​IMG]

Nick didn't miss an opportunity to get a 'butty' in either. Another well deserving Marshall.

[​IMG]

And, this prodigious pair moved the fastest, when someone shouted "Bacon Sarnie, Anyone??" :D

And finally, whether he likes it or not, all due praise must go to the Man-of-the-Day, who not only cleared the course: he then went on to clear the silhouettes too. Well done, indeed !! :)

And what I want to know is, how does he remain so clean?

[​IMG]

2. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    good pics there jack
    john

3. swiftysue

swiftysue A sip of tea in the ocean

Club:
    Greyhound
    cracking

Cracking pics Jack,good to.see u again :)

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Nice Jack

(James travels in a Tupperware box :D)

5. val s

val s Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill FTC
    Good evening " paparazzi " Jack.

After you took the photo, you obviously forgot the brief exchange of words we had!! Well Jack, I can firmly advise that you are now labelled as a man without conscience. That said, my wife thinks it is a wonderful capture and it made her laugh!!

Pleased that you enjoyed your first visit to Dowry Hill and I look forward to seeing you at the next winter league event. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Val S

6. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    You mean, when I said that "I wouldn't even consider publishing."

Mmmmmmm. Sorry. I lied !! :rolleyes: :D

7. Jinx

Jinx Non member

Great pics...and a nice AR20 in there too in batch 2 :)

8. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    Ar20

John Sears - nice gun - good shot - top bloke :)

9. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I stay clean by letting everyone else do the work:D

besides I'm not daft enough to wear yellow in the mud...

Nice photos, thanks for posting Jack

10. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    Much to be learned there, James.
    I'll mention it it Val when I see him next at Woodend.
    A grand day yesterday - you Dowry Hill guys [including Ian] got it splendidly right. ;)

11. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Hover

actually if you look you will see that james bean bag is hovering above the ground . this is fuelled by flatulence , fed by plenty of beans and black sausage . what i would like to know is has james got the hang of that S&B FT ? if so how ??? HOLLY:):D

12. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I've tried walking on water too Holly but I'm better at FT;)

ah yes those dodgy S&B ft scopes, I hope to get the hang of it one day, I'll let you know when I do:D

James

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Well

Well james you don't clear a course with a dodgy scope . respect for that . BUT will you use the S&B FT for next season ??? HOLLY:):D

14. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I used it last season to come 2nd in the GP series:) And I have used it all winter and it hasn't cost me a target.

As for next season I'm trying a new rifle out and I want to put my S&B on it but don't want to take it off my EV2 either. decisions, decisions:D

How's yours?

15. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Craig

I don't pick it up till this saturday james . craig mac is flogging me his on first offe back if sold . good scope . but dish the dirt dear boy . how have you managed to get it to work and work well as your results show . when all the rest have said no ? interesting , i do like to go against the flow . it would be a boring old FT world if we all shot 40 mag Comp Xs .to be honest , i have a rather pretty steyr and for once i wanted a good looking outfit . i have to say it will look rather nice on top of your team FTP900 which is what i expect you are talking of . it is far and away the best looking FT scope i have seen ??? HOLLY:)

16. mgkd

mgkd Member

Val and Nick

Nice to see pictures of Val and Nick in daylight. They look like nice people! Let me tell you, when I first met these characters in a dark place they scared me so much that I did not show up for the FT event they invited me to!

George

17. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    IF

If you think there ugly , just wait till you see woody and rob ??? HOLLY:):eek:

18. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I think the main problem originally was the fact that people expected them not to move.
    The rangefinding on mine does change with temperature, but here is the thing, it is perfectly consistent, if it is x temperature its response will change by x yards from your reference everytime. Also you will notice that a small change in temperature will show a change in range. there is none of the 'it alters by 20 yards when the temperature hits 20 degrees, or was it 25 degrees:confused:' business.

When setting it up let it settle first and note the temp, then it is just down to experience.

I have just one set of markings and make it up from there but Andras has loads of points for reference on his but it is down to how you work.

One other thing, I had a bigger clearer turret made as I was dialling the wrong number, but that comes from being too easily distracted:)

Keep us up to date with how you find it.

James

19. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

And yes you are right Holly it is the best looking FT scope and it would look fantastic on a FTP900 but the boring 40mag comp will stay on for now... maybe...

20. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Well

well james i said to dan eley last year that he should have put his intended scope on for ALL the winter league to get used to the 40 Mag Comp after having shot the 20+50 for years . some times you have to take a step back to go forward . are right , then it as i thought , expectations were too high . my old MK 4 lupe , i used to set it up saturday for sunday , having regard to the weather on each day . mind you that was a doddle to do , as the sidewheel was easily loosend and set again in seconds .my 20+50 lupe i use now can go 2.5 yards out from in the open to under a tree in the summer . light and heat affects that . first up sunday . barring rain will be to do a direct comparison S&B FT to 20+50 lupe . not a great fan on high mag ranging , like to range and shoot onthe same mag if possible . so will see the lowest mag i can range 55 yards on and repeat . yep as you get older , the bigger the boy , the bigger the toy . long may it be so . will let you know how i get on . cheers for the heads up james . ??? HOLLY:)