Don't take the mick !!!

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

Yesterday I failed to see the killzone on a close full sized target placed in between two trees tight to the KZ :rolleyes: Although the target was close it was splattered to buggery and was difficult to see - my shooting partner couldn't make out the KZ either and his eyes are 30 years younger than mine ! :D

Anyway I don't want to reparallax my bushnell as I like it how it is but would I be allowed to use a monocular or anything to view closer targets as this clearly cost me another gold , I'm not on about a lazer rangefinding scope with corzak etc but would like to shoot equal to my counterparts with 20/20 vision .................

Failing this I will blow a whistle and ask a marshall to re paint the target so I can see it or ask him to take the shot for me . lol

BTW , the bushnell blurs nicely at 12 yards and is clear at 13 which is very helpful on close reducers but on this occasion it was about as much use as a chocolate teapot . :eek:

C'mon you lot , humour me

Dave

PS : Atleast I didn't donut the stander Stevie boy !

2. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club

:p:p:p:p:D

3. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    It was 20mm Dave & I plated the bugger as well as it was near on impossible to see in the dark with my scope :eek:

4. Kingplinker

Charles I must admit I rather like guide dogging :eek:

Steve it could have been 100mm mate but aiming mid splat isn't always going to be centre of the kill :(

Glad to know others had trouble viewing it , I found myself ' staring it out ' and almost willing the KZ to appear in the hope it may sharpen up . :D

Dave

5. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    Seriously Dave, I suppose you tried all the usual, squinting, longer eye relief, edge of scope FOV, altering PX :eek::rolleyes::D. Strangely this was one comp. where I didn't have a problem seeing KZs :confused: perhaps you shot that particular target under different light conditions to me. I know what you mean though, some reducer KZs are almost impossible to see, no matter how much you pull the string and rattle the face-plate. How about a paper template of the target, with the KZ clearly marked, placed at each peg?

6. Kingplinker

I tried all the tricks of the trade accept the PX as mines fixed :D

I can usually see most reducers when squinting or taking my eye to the side and re-viewing the target but I could not see this one at all - I thoroughly enjoyed the course and this isn't a snipe at the Fordies but it is a pig when you simply can't see the kill zone , aiming at the middle and plating a target for a hopeful point is rather annoying but I guess its the same for the majority of us ?

atvb

Dave

7. Feral

Feral New Member

That one was particularly difficult for me as well Dave, just a blurry splash... got it down though by assuming it was an easy full size kill :D

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

We'd have to discuss it between the three organisers but I'm not sure it would be allowed at a UKAHFT shoot:(

On the surface it seems a reasonable request but how long before someone tried using the focus on the Monocular or Binoculars as a rangefinding device.

9. martin c

martin c New Member

that target was in a very dark part of the woods i think that was most of the problem. i have 20/20 and i had trouble finding the kill so your eyes are probably not as bad as you think plus as soon as several people plate then it seems that on a tricky target others start to use the pellet marks as a guide just making it harder
    ;) just a thought;)

10. martin c

martin c New Member

can i also add that shooting partner you mentioned is a cracking shot and will go far i wont mention his name as it is not my place but please make sure he is at least 10 pegs away from me in future as he makes me look worse than i am:eek:

no jokes please

11. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

Dave,
    sounds like this is the price you pay for your scope choice to me. No one is forced to use a particular scope, mag setting or PX setting. You may find that you have an advantage on longer targets over someone using a lower mag scope/shorter PX setting because of the choices you've made. All becomes swings and roundabouts really.;)

12. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    Looking forward to seeing you at the next comp Dave, don't forget your monocle. :p:D

13. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Stop whinging you tart :p:p:p buy a 6500:D

14. g.l.w

g.l.w Wonky

I,l have you know Chris..........Dave is a fine upstanding member of this forum...........Blind as bat but nonetheless........:p:p:p:D:D

15. Kingplinker

Thanks lads really appreciate your kinds words :D

Chris I am using a 10x40 3200 as always and cannot afford a new scope as I am as poor as a poor thing ( Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p No poorer than that ( Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ) :D thats better !

atvb

Dave

16. JAGXKRS

You live in Sussex, they don't allow poor people to live in Sussex:p:p:D:D:D

17. sirzuki

sirzuki New Member

Ben said what about making holes in you scope mounts to look through on realy close ones. I guess that would depend on what space you had under your scope to see through.

18. JAGXKRS

And weather the chief marshall caught you:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

19. Feral

Feral New Member

Chris I thought you knew that Dave isn't into money or possessions, he's one of those arty types!

20. JAGXKRS

He's not got enough hair to be a hippy :D:D:D:D