Doncaster Airgun Range

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by johnnyboy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns... Thanks Guy's
    Had the opportunity to visit Doncaster Airgun Range owned and operated By Brian Samson and Leanne. What an absolute pleasure to visit and use the facilities. It's an opportunity to see what's really happening in windless conditions and to explore how well your chosen pellet's perform. What a real shame its a 230 mile round trip for me otherwise I recon a frequent visit would definitely on the cards. For you Guy's who live close give it a whirl you won't regret it...... for those who like me have a little further to travel we can only dream how good we could be.....lol

Thanks again Brian.

Regards

John

2. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    I must visit one day, but as you say John its just over 240 miles round trip for me, but Im sure it would pay dividends. :cool:
    The outdoor range we use now has some very switching winds, so setting up a rifle/scope combo is very difficult.:confused:

3. SpeckleD

SpeckleD Active Member

Club:
    Emley Moore, Northern Monkey HFT
    I totally agree, great place, been down a few times myself and always get a friendly welcome as well as good advice.

top gun phil and Brian.Samson like this.
  4. Tinks

Tinks Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Went today with a fellow Lincs shooter, never before experienced a range with no wind, it was a good learning experience and showed me I do occasionally cant my rifle on the 15mm kills. Had a good chat with Brian about stuff, and left with the broadest smile after Brian shot my HW97 and reported it was nicer to shoot than his TX. Nicer to shoot it may be, but from memory, the gun can't do it on it's own and I need to get a LOT better at my bit. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would recommend it to any airgun shooter. Some words of wisdom from Brian as we left, 'now it's zeroed and shooting nice, don't muck about with it'.
    Thanks again Brian, hope to get back as soon as the gun is finished.

5. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    Thanks lads, always nice to see you

top gun phil and johnnyboy like this.
  6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    We need to franchise these :)

7. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl Air Arms Poster Boy

Club:
    The Anston Massive
    We will be up there on Friday for a visit.

We always enjoy our visits. Brian & Leanne are always welcoming and it's a great set up.

top gun phil and Brian.Samson like this.
  8. Barry.Chapman

Barry.Chapman Member

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range ; Tinsley Rifle Club; Emley Moor FT Club
    I would like to echo the sentiments expressed here about DAR.

I have been a regular visitor to DAR for a couple of years now and without doubt, it is the number one indoor range in the Midlands and South Yorkshire. Probably further!! How lucky can you be to have on hand Both Brian and Leanne both of whom are the most genuinely helpful people I have probably ever met. What can you say about Brian his knowledge is extensive and vast (and sound) in fact his advice and assistance are rarely if ever wrong. I have never come across somebody so willing to promote our sport and encourage people to participate. We are indeed lucky he decided to leave the world of commerce and follow his dreams. He is a constant source of support and you may wonder why. I have got to know him and he has helped me into both FT and HFT. Why does he do it? He is just a genuinely nice guy. I have to mention his partner Leanne who is a straightforward as you can get and whose knowledge is extensive, difficult to get away with anything when Leanne is about.

The Range is also vibrant, full of people there for all different reasons, to Plink, to Zero, to Learn to have some Banter etc… I love it there and in many respects, it changed my life. It's not just a range its a community. Thank goodness for the likes of Brian and Leanne.