Does your partner shoot hft ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

How many of you have shot HFT with the better half .... more than once ? lol :D

My mrs said she will not go shooting with me ( possibly as she is banging the betterware bloke whilst I am out )

- I keep telling her that she would really like it as all the blokes shooting are ' well fit ' , drive sports cars and are regular back , sack and crack wannabees infact I know of atleast one hft'er ( Big Chris ) who has a Brazillian airstrip ( it's actually the same size as a real runway though ) I'm sure he won't mind me mentioning it . :eek:

Anyway jokes aside , I would like my mrs to come out and atleast try hft and if she didn't like it she could always clean my gun for me .............................. in the dishwasher ! :rolleyes:

atvb

Dave

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Are you mad??? :shot: She might find out what my guns really cost:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. Kingplinker

Pheeeewwwwwwwwww thats was lucky , I thought you were going to knee cap me :D I just tell my mrs the guns are stolen which eases her conscience :D:D:D:D

4. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

My Mrs shoots regular HFT and a hell of a lot better than I do. :D
    Think I've only beaten her at HFT once and that cost me big time so not going to do that again.
    Although at least she cleans the guns afterwards and if i remember correctly she shot round with Chris at the last UK round at MAD.

Rik

5. Kingplinker

Hi Rik

Bit different shooting with someone else's mrs though , especially if shes fit :D

atvb

Dave

6. JAGXKRS

She did indeed shoot with me mate and beat me as well:eek::eek::eek: I had the hangover from hell though thanks to the large amounts of JD at the BBQ, thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D:D:D

7. Rik ochet

I know I was shooting downwind in the next lane and was starting to feel a little tipsy.

Here's to the next one in a couple of weeks :D

8. skipper

skipper New Member

Yup and shes not to shabby either :)

9. Rik ochet

I'm keeping quiet on comments about other peoples better halves for fear of incrimination. :eek:
    But I'm sure Laity will comment enough for everyone :D

Atleast if Louise and Janine beat us in the matchplay I'll have someone to have a beer with :D

Rik

10. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

My missus beat me once 2 years ago and I still haven't heard the end of it!:D Andrea only shoots now days if its a fun shoot, not raining and at least 10 degrees! Otherwise she whinges!:D:D

Although her knowing what guns and stuff cost has it's downside, it does mean she's careful around them and understands why I need so many. Which has helped where my mother's concerned!;):D

Ryan

11. Levidog

Levidog Member

My wife does dog agility and most weekends we are at opposite sides of the country, with this in mind we are going to do at least 2 weekends per year trying the others sport. So if anyone has a cheap beech S400 stock let me know.

Sean

12. JAGXKRS

I hear they make good dog chews but the walnut ones will last longer :D:D:D:D:D:D

13. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    shooting partners(not literally!)

hi dop and me try not to shoot round together at the bigger shoots for fear of strangling each other! i have found this is common among quite a few shooting couples! And i do know some of us girlies really try to beat our partners scores! If only....!!!! Mind you im hot on dops heels and with a lot of luck or his gun blowing up i
    im sure i'll beat him one day ??!! :D:D:D
    Jen x x x

14. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

My wife don't want to even entertain it, she gets in a huff if I say im shooting at the weekend. "If your shooting then I'm shopping" usually she wins the arguments so I don't even say anything now. I plus is she still thinks I'm shooting the same rifle I had 10 months ago, oh how little she knows:D

15. little steph

little steph Captain Pussycat

Club:
    Lains Shooting School
    Me and Mike are the same... we can't shoot together !!! I do enjoy sharing the same hobby tho... we do spend alot more time at weekends together because of it... and we always try to help each other out... (Mike helping me more as he's cleverer at the technical stuff!!)

It's becoming really good fun going away for the UK's and stuff as there seems to be a group of girls now as well which is nice.

Mike brought me my first gun at the first sign of interest.... try it, it might work !!!

Steph :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  16. Kingplinker

Buy her a gun :eek: then who who do the house work :D

Seriously I would like my better half to come and try HFT but probably not for every shoot - I know that sounds selfish but it's my only hobby ......... that makes me sound really nasty doesn't it ? :eek:

Perhaps we should merge salsa with HFT ' hunter field salsa ' :p

atvb

Dave

17. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Thats what I did with Andrea although I think Basingstoke in 07 put her off!;)

Ryan

18. Heather

Heather Happy, Happy, Happy

Club:
    North Oxon FTC
    I shoot round with Clive alot at opens and club shoots, apparently he's taught me all I know!:D

Heather:)

19. All That Remains

All That Remains Caution...I Bite!!!!

I talked Rik into going shooting in the first place! I got him his first Co2 pistol way back before we discovered the delights of rifles, and it is great to have someone to beat every week......sorry shoot with every week.

It really is fun shooting with hubby although we tend to only shoot club stuff together, its nice to shoot round with other people and meet new faces, and we would probably kill each other given time!

Also he drives everywhere so I get to sleep in the car! And he bakes a mean chocolate cake:D

Janine

20. JAGXKRS

I know how she feels:D:D:D:D