Do new Sightron 10-50x60 FT scopes have a new focusing spiral

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by jedu, May 19, 2015.

1. jedu

jedu New Member

Club:
    AFTE - Spain
    Hello

This is my first in the forum. I shoot in the North of Spain, where the International Open of Euskadi is held each year.

I am looking for a second FT scope. I own a Sightron 10-50x60 LRMD. I have seen that there are now new Sightron scopes for FT, with a minimum 9 yd focusing distance and an illuminated reticle. These are models SIIISS 1050X60 FTIRMH and SIIISS 1050X60 FTIRMOA.

Have you got the opportunity to handle them? I really would like to know if they have only reparalaxed the scope by moving the front lense or they have also changed the focusing helical (or spiral...)

Best regards

JEdu

2. azuaro

azuaro Senior Member

Same IDENTICAL Scopes but Re-Parallaxed to 9-10 yrds...Actually, for the last 2 years most of their NON FT models that I have seen are capable of 9-10 yrd parallaxing out of the box.

Sightron will Re-parallax your scope for $20.00 here in the US, but if you are in other country any person knowing how to do it can easily do it; it is a matter of moving the front objective a little outwards and the only trick is having the right tools and knowing how to move the front objective without damaging O ring seals, locking rings, etc.

If you look at the objective of your Scope you will see a locking ring with 2 slots, that has to be moved outwards in order to make the adjustment, but I recommend you to get somebody to do it for you as scratching the lens coating is very easy

Regards,

azuaro

3. AlexS

AlexS Member

4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Sidewheel is not necessarily "cool" looking...TBH

JON HARRIS sidewheels....NOW them sidewheels are mega cool , Ok ?

Not a "Made in China" sidehweel with "S" ;)

:lev

5. jedu

jedu New Member

Club:
    AFTE - Spain
    Thank you for all your answers! I was suspecting that. Some of my colleagues reparalaxed theirs as soon as it arrived, but they found them to discriminate worse at 50 mts and eventually all of them went back to original setup...

Well done what disgusting...

Thank you again for answers

JEdu

6. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    I think the wheel looks pants and a little gimmicky

I wouldn't want it on mine and Def agree Jon makes much better looking and quality wheels ☺

Bri