Do i need a rail??

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by robsue20, Apr 29, 2012.

1. robsue20

robsue20 Member

Recently got myself a steyr, lg110ft. I am using the same adjustable mounts and scope that i had on my pro-target.
    On the pro-target all the dialling in was done within one revolution on the turret.
    On the steyr this is not the case. The steyr was used for hft by the previous owner and never had a rail fitted when he bought it.
    Am i right in thinking i need to get some more height on the scope(big nikko)? can i do this with risers? or will i be needing a rail??

2. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Yes a rail would be advisable get the scope up higher you can get the origionl styer one or for something a bit nice contact "knobman" on here for an AJP one

3. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Ive got the Steyr rail on my 110ft and it does look the dogs danglies as its made for the rifle however its not that high? with the standard 34mm March mounts on its 2 1/2" above the barrel. This is ideal for me but may not be high enough for you. One thing to bear in mind is the Steyr rail i believe come in two different MOA sizes.