Do Air Gunners just Roll Over

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by clubshot, Jun 16, 2009.

1. clubshot

clubshot Member

Following Comments by Knockover that the AMTA had No choice in fitting AT

I personally believe they did not @ the time

The issue is why was it kept such a Secret from Shooters / Customers
    To this date - it is not mentioned on Any Members web site or anything
    with a New purchased Gun - that AT Fitted

And that customers are supposed to be Legally responsible
    For something they have No control Over

As reported that Manufactures are legally Responsible for Warrenty up to 6 years
    By UK Laws

Are Dealers going to keep handling Gun's
    Which many owners do not believe meet their rights of meeting a product fit for purpose ?

BOB/R

2. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

BOB,

Unfortunatly, YES we have rolled over on AT, but i think in general we can see that the industry is trying to stave off the inevitable-licensing.

I also think the industry could/should have been a bit more open about the need for it, but i'm not privvy to why/why not decision.

What i would like, is a clear definition, in terms of the LAW as to who is now responsable for overpower guns that have left the Factory/Dealer in that condition.

3. raygun

raygun Non member

There has been no change in the law.

It's the "Holder" of the gun who is responsible for it's power and as it's an Absolute offence there is no need to prove intent, just that's it's over power.

Manufacturers are happy to tell you this and then fit AT to stop you adjusting it, even though the buck stops with you.
    I expect you could aways take out a Civil action against them once you've got a record :D

ATB
    Ray.