Different scopes

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bill Fowler, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Bill Fowler

Bill Fowler Member

Club:
    Anston Ftc
    I'm looking for advice on different scopes please.I've got a budget of between £300 & £500 for a good scope which would sort me for ft. At the moment I have a Hawke sidewinder 8-32x56 which I like but not quite as sharp as the best of the bunsh. Any recommendations from long term ft shooters would be appreciated. Billy

2. Darron

Darron Trainee Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Millride FTC
    I wouldn’t look any further than a good used big Nikko

RAMBO and Bill Fowler like this.
  3. PA410goodshot

PA410goodshot Member

Another vote for the above with your budget. :cool:

Bill Fowler likes this.
  4. Harry Farrow

Harry Farrow New Member

Club:
    ETL
    Same question as Bill, im currently using an old custom shop and im looking to upgrade. Budget is somewhere in the region of £800 to £1500. People have suggested eveyting from Nikkos to Delta, any help is appreciated

5. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    The Nikko really is the standard fare for many shooters. The optics are good, rangefinding is reliable and repeatable, there are loads around s/h and they are still produced new, although up to the MK4. The next obvious step up is either the Sightron 10-50 or the Delta Stryker. I think the Sightron is a touch lighter and uses 30mm mounts, but the Delta already has a string of results in the hands of John Farbrother and if a season and a half on a springer can't kill a scope, then it's a toughie.

The down side of the Sightron is a very small exit pupil, it either suits your eye or it doesn't. The downside of the Delta is the reticule which is excellent but very fine, again you can either live with it, or you can't. For the money, the Delta is a bargain.

One fly in the ointment, the new Falcon X50. I've not seen one yet but early reports from people who know their stuff say it is very good and very well priced.

6. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    Anymore news on the x50 Neil, it's December and the silence from Falcon Towers is deafening?

7. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    Last I heard is was due in "any time".

I will ask for an update this weekend as I will be seeing John from Optics Funhouse.