Die 54

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Phill61, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Phill61

Phill61 New Member

Club:
    None
    I have seen these mentioned and marked as such for sale.
    What is so good about them..and how do those QYS pellets stack up against them..??

2. Evo

Evo SCOUSER and top wheel nicker

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    die 54 what ????, AA or JSB ???? whats good in someone else,s barrel might be useless in yours, Only use whatever pellet is good through your OWN barrel after repeated tests at the furthest distance you shoot, believe me , i know, i have bought what people have said are mega pellets yet through my rifle they have been nothing short of useless,

test in windy conditions also

Mel, Gary Martin, Phill61 and 2 others like this.
  3. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    We've recently tested a cluster of the new batches from JSB and found the batch 54, JSB, head 4.52 to be be very, very good. Also batch 46 from 2018 and 2019.

They seem to have very good good long range grouping with predictable and not excessive movement in the wind.

Edit - they were tested by 5 shooters using 4 x Steyrs and one Anschutz. All outdoors on at least 3 separate occasions.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    garym and Phill61 like this.
  4. Phill61

Phill61 New Member

Club:
    None
    JSB...die 54.
    I have a very accurate JSB batch at the moment.
    They work well in my x4 .177 rifles.
    Just wondering if there was somthing special about that die for it to be mentioned.
    Thanks

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    They just seem good Phil and our group were planning on buying quite a few of this batch. Like i said batch 46 is also very good and this is what most of our group are currently using.

Not sure if rifles/shooters are getting better or that the Batches of JSB's are falling in 'consistent' quality. The fever of batch testing that is currently gripping shooters is strange.

6. Cooper_dan

Cooper_dan Well-Known Member

There is nothing overtly special about them. The picture shows a lineup, one of them is die 54, 4.52, 2019. I think visually I would be hard pushed to say which it was if I didn't know.
    They seem to work well in a lot of barrels, so are suitable for a lot of people.
    They work well (seem to predictably take wind, and group better than I can shoot) in my TX200 and girlfriends 9015.

received_1494455354054887~2.png

7. Blindmanjake

Blindmanjake Active Member

Club:
    Heckington HFT
    I've used JSB die 54 for a while now. In my BSA rifles the grouping it just insane. Literally 1 hole at 45 yards outdoors shot from the prone position.

I dont think there is anything 'special' about them as such. It just all depends on what your particular rifle/barrel likes.

Gary Martin likes this.
  8. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    The magic "gun likey pellet" factor is a little oversold. A really good pellet should group well in most decent barrels.
    If they're genuinely one-holing at 45 yards then their weight consistency, dimensions and weight distribution must be spot on. That makes them pretty good candidates to group well in any decent barrel.

9. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Can't Re Member

OOH Dan

You've got a gadget that takes super dooper pellet pictures , with lines to compare dimensions .

and a girlfriend !

That would deffo be an 'either or 'situation for me .

Jesim1, madplinker, eggie and 9 others like this.
  10. Cooper_dan

Cooper_dan Well-Known Member

It doesn't help when she steals my good pellets!
    Although she came first overall in her class this year and I only managed third, so guess she deserves them more than me :oops:

11. Wheelieneilie

Wheelieneilie Active Member

Club:
    MAD
    Go on then, put us all out of missery. Which pellet in the photo is die 54, 4.52, 2019?

12. cowandchicken

cowandchicken Member

I've bought 2 sleeves of these die 54s and the first sleeve were ok but the second sleeve were not for some reason.:confused: