DEMYAN - "From Russia with Love"...

Discussion in 'Others' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Jun 2, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    RE: www.demyan.info/

...I like the look of the Demyan Classic FT....(have emailed for a price & 12 lb/ft model)

Wondering if the "M2 FT" which looks pseudo military would be allowed in the UK :confused:

I recall something about a law/rule in UK saying something about airguns having to not resemble Military weapons...I suppose a smart lawyer could argue AirSoft are exact clones/replicas of REAL military hardware...and the Demyan FT does not resembled any military rifle...'cause Its not based on any existing real military rifle ...:D

Another Point is: Staffordshire Synthetics look like the Accuracy International sniper rifle, innit ? :D (I mean, just look at the photos on the site, and the photo uploaded to compare...which one looks more Star Wars fantasy, and which looks military ???)

Anyone care to clarify the confusion on that UK law/rule ?

Attached Files:

2. mintyrn10

mintyrn10 Roll on the weekend!

Club:
    REDFEARNS
    ive actualy spoke to them we'll not me but a friend who lives in moscow [ex bobby] hes been there in person on my behalf after lots of emails between them and me as i wanted to purchace one of these last year ' FT CLASSIC' ,, and im sorry to say they will not send to the uk or even outside russia which makes good buisness sence :confused: the only way to get one is to have all the rellivent paper work with you and i understand its a huge amount and to go in person and then you might not get it out of the country if the powers that be say so i belive

rick

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. Weevie

Weevie Banned

If I recall correctly, since airguns are firearms they can look like whatever they please. It's only airsoft guns that closely resemble real fireams that are a problem. You can have them but you have to be a member of an offically registered airsoft club.

I like the look of all the Demyan rifles shown but I'd worry about after-sales given the geographical distances involved!

4. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

That's me in trouble with the ARU then, oh hang on a minute I was shooting with a couple of them today;):D

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Attached Files:

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Looks very erm very typically russian :D

7. Jon

Jon Member

I am pretty sure there was one at the Euros last year, sounded absolutely atrocious the way knock open valve was set up in conjunction with the 1983 reg design.
    All the decent shooters over there use Steyrs, Ripleys and EV2.