Delta scopes

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by mak1, Mar 9, 2019.

1. mak1

mak1 Member

Club:
    Mirfield
    Hi I'm looking at a titanium hft FFP 4.5*14*44
    What's your thoughts on this scope and Ret
    Is it too small at low mag at dose it get too thick on high mag

If I was to also let my young one use it paper punching would the Ret be too thick on 14 mag

2. subaru swift

subaru swift I don't have a solution, I just love the problem.

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    I've got two of these nice scopes on my HFT rigs, Might be best to look through one first before you buy, I like the ret but it can be a bit marmite like so many scopes.. .
    The ret can be too thin or a tad too thick at times depending on the mag you pick & what your aiming at. I mostly use x10 or even x9 at times, if I'm plinking about or doing HFT.
    However in dark areas you might lose the ret a tiny bit as there's no IR on these scopes. x14 is only used for me to check some groups over 40y plus yards as I tend to stick to x10.

3. mak1

mak1 Member

Club:
    Mirfield
    I would normally to around 10 to but it's just my little one will use it as well I find it easier with the higher mag I don't know anybody with one and no where local sells them to me so I would be having to get mail order

4. bow

bow Active Member

Hi mak1. I've got 2 of these scopes I shoot HFT. Some will say they suffer from Parrellex error. I'll say, by slightly inducing error I've every confidence in them both. Right out to 55yds on 8 mag. They use ffp which means it doesn't matter what mag your on, the poi stays the same. In HFT there's a lot of gear out there most of it good. But you pays for what you get.
    If you fancy a try of one. Get in touch. Liam only in doncaster. The range would be ideal.

5. mak1

mak1 Member

Club:
    Mirfield

6. mak1

mak1 Member

Club:
    Mirfield
    Thanks for that when do you normally go to the range

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  7. bow

bow Active Member

Any time that suit you. Tomorrow ok.

8. mak1

mak1 Member

Club:
    Mirfield
    Unfortunately I'm working tomorrow can you pm me your number and I'll find out what time I can get away tomorrow and I'll text you see if it's any good to you
    Mark

9. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    I had one. Really very good glass, bright and crystal clear. To all intents and purposes a rebadged Lightstream, made in the Japanese factory that made Lightstream scopes. I agree with what others have said, it’s best at 10 mag and below. The ffp ret is really useful for bracketing and the sums are easy because it’s Milrad. Another downside for me was front focussing, but you get accustomed to that, and if your going to be shooting HFT, it won’t be an issue anyway.
    I’m in the market for a higher mag ffp scope. If only the Stryker 4.5-30 could parallex to 10 metres....................:(

bow likes this.
  10. DaveF

DaveF Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    I have one and love it great ret nice and clear does start to blur in lower light compsred to my vortex PST but that twice the price. Well made nice turret click. As it’s ffp the ret gets very tiny on 7 mag or less it’s pretty useless but fine on 8 mag and above