Daystate Pulsar scope

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve Bowers, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    I've just got myself a Daystate pulsar and now need a suitable scope to put on it. As I shoot both HFT and FT it needs to be good for both.
    The scopes I own at the moment are Bushnell 8x32x40 one with milldots and two with 30/30 rets but these are for too long to suit the Pulsar.
    What I'm looking for is something that will cover 10x to as high as possible with milldots or some other ret which allows me hold over points (for HFT) and not be overly long, any suggestion's ?

Steve

2. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Get a March like Mr Cundys :D

3. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    I would suggest you do more research before you buy your rifle Steve???:)

Seriously though its a well known fact the two disciplines require totally different qualities from a scope. I ended up buying Leup QRW mounts and a Leup Comp for FT and a Mk4 for HFT after trying what you are about to do and realising it doesn't work.

Good luck

4. martin blue eyes

martin blue eyes shoot, pray and hope

Club:
    Redferns
    Shoot both SFT and HFT then you can use the same scope

5. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    Only problem you will have shooting a Pulsar is the scope rail as it just isn't up to the job of supporting a heavy scope. Light hunting and HFT scopes no problem, but stick a big Nikko or similar on there and you will find yourself chasing zero all over the shop.
    We had a guy locally who had one of the earliest Oro Pulsars and he had nothing but grief with the standard rail and ended up with a custom made scope rail which mounted directly on the receiver.

6. Barry

Barry Member

It was meeee........
    It was a pain in the arse! I set out with the very same intention....to create the dual purpose rifle. It really doesn't exist.
    I had the Bushnell mounted on mine though and it looked fine. The scope rail couldn't cope, but the outfit looked nice :rolleyes:

7. Barry

Barry Member

It was meeee........
    It was a pain in the arse! I set out with the very same intention....to create the dual purpose rifle. It really doesn't exist.
    I had the Bushnell mounted on mine though and it looked fine. The scope rail couldn't cope, but the outfit looked nice :rolleyes:

There's a pic or two in my profile......

8. 666

666 Non member

Burris signature 8-32 RA mildot might be an option as shorter than bushnell and less eye relief. Not sure you will find it easy to get one though.

Pete