Daystate platinum

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by madplinker, Jun 13, 2014.

1. madplinker

madplinker Member

Hi

I am considering purchasing a new Daystate platinum i know these rifles are a few years old but have found a shop that has a brand new one. What is the honest opinion on these rifles. I know tony archer used his to good effect and would be used for HFT. What are the pitfalls and the benifits. I currently shoot a steyr so would be a second rifle and a back up rifle unless shoot better with the daystate lol.

What servicing do they need what breaks what doesnt any upgrades to make it more accurate etc do you have to clean barrel all the time etc is the regulator bomb proof or prone to leaking what is generally the best pellet what is the most consistent power setting etc.

lol you can tell i dont have alot of knoweldge on daystates lol.

Please help in anyway to up grade my knowledge on this rifle thank you.

2. BruceGill

BruceGill New Member

Club:
    Springfield ARC
    Being honest, I'd buy used. Saves you a fortune and the Rifle would have been used. If there's one in a shop now, new, it'll want a service at a guess. And almost definitely need a new battery.

All that said, Datstates service and warranty are pretty good.

I had a Wolf and it was pretty far from the dead shot cycle of your Steyr. A friend has a couple of Platinums and they were a lot better, but still jump a little.

I think the barrels are meant to be the Match ones, so will probably need to be clean.

Got to say an electronic rifle wouldn't be on my list of "back up rifles".

3. milek

milek Active Member

Club:
    Nomads
    One was on sale on BBS (charliefarlie) this week; no 100 of 100.

4. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Daystate

From memory they don't have a reg they work in a pressure sensor in the cylinder that sends a signal to the board to control the hammer pressure that hits the firing valve , but all in all they seem nice guns and look lush

Regards Dave

5. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    The Platinum is a MK4 with a Gary Cane stock and an Anshutz barrel which by repute requires cleaning after every 100 shots. I've had one apart and there's no other functional difference to the Daystate Mk4 that I can see.

The gun Tony Archer uses is a Daystate Grand Prix which has MVT and other technology. http://www.daystate.com/grandprix.htm

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  6. madplinker

madplinker Member

Thank you Greg there are so many different models it was a platinum i knew it has a Gary cane stock didn't know about the barrel most daystates have a Walther barrels ? So what was your opinion of the rifle did it shoot straight ? compared to your walther.

7. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    It shoots much the same as the Mk4; the stock is better. It's very different to the Walther, trigger and muzzle flip. There's plenty of folk out there still using them, should get some opinions from them.

8. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    You want an accurate Daystate, find a nice Mk3FTR, Clean and service if necessary, new batteries if necessary, less than half the price of a Platinum.