Daystate mk4 in need of a service

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by BEESA, Mar 29, 2010.

1. BEESA

BEESA Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Hi chaps , would any of you knowledgable type like to take on the job of servicing my sons mk4 . It seems to have developed a leak :( i called daystate as it is only 18 months old and they have told me that the warranty does not cover leaks . In all fairness they sent me 2 doughty washers which i have replaced to no avail , so if any airgun guru would like me to give them my hard earned rather than daystate getting it let me know .

Thanks in advance .

Don ...

2. raygun

raygun Non member

The Warranty may not cover leeks but the Sale of Goods Act will.

The goods should be "fit for purpose" ie. of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.
    A leaking PCP is fit for nothing.

I would contact Daystate again.

ATB
    Ray.

3. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Is the rifle leaking from the filler end then ?

If so it could be past the non return valve, Daystate tend to use a little sintered bronze filter after the seal plunger & this can easily get shitted up causing the leak.

Try emtying the rifle then unscrewing the filler end, the plunger can be unscrewed from the bottom & cleaned.

4. cwprice

cwprice Member

MK4 leak

It is usually the plunger and housing that need cleaning. MAKE SURE YOU EMPTY THE GUN OF AIR FIRST, before removing the valve assembly.

5. BEESA

BEESA Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Thanks chaps , i am in talks via email at present with Tony belas , so all being well it is warranted :cool:

Don ...

6. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Good to hear that. Not coverered by the warranty my arse.:rolleyes: They should bend over backwards to sort you out and repair your expensive air rifle. Normally a few words on the internet get them moving.;):D