Daystate mk4 air stripper

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by HarryF, Aug 9, 2011.

1. HarryF

HarryF New Member

Any air stripper with a 1/2 inch UNF thread will fit onto a daystate mk4 will it not ? I need to know as I'm looking to purchase one and finding a airstripper specifically for the mk4 has been impossible, thanks.

2. DarrenQ

DarrenQ New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Air stripper

If you get hold of Daystate they can make one up for you, it means getting a new barrel shroud made to suit the air stripper or getting your barrell shroud cut shorter. If you have a look at pictures of the new Panther you will see what I mean. I can show you the mod to my platinum on Wednesday night if that will help.

Thanks Darren.

3. peadar_911

peadar_911 Too old to die young.

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Any stripper with a 1/2" UNF thread should fit, but if you want it to look right, it's worth getting the correct one.

I have had a couple from HERE.

They also show up on ebay occasionally, and I'm fairly sure UK Neil on here can provide one to suit.

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Get in touch with UK Neil, he'll be able to machine your existing shroud so as the stripper can actually work and will be aligned with the barrel. Screwing one onto the end of the shroud will cause you nothing but problems or at best do nothing.:)

5. HarryF

HarryF New Member

thanks to all youre replies, i have plenty of options now, i was going to purchase a screw on one from rowan engineering but that website you said peadar has some lovely air stripper's so it will most likely be off there, i would like to see youre mod please darren if thats okay, now i dont know whether to purchase a screw on one or get one fitted by uk neil, how much roughly will uk neil charge ? as the screw on ones are around £35 each, which isnt to bad :) thanks

6. sakerman

sakerman Member

Club:
    MAD
  7. sakerman

sakerman Member

Club:
    MAD
    Doohhhh too late:)

8. HarryF

HarryF New Member

right okay, ive whittled it down to 2 options, looked at all screw on ones and rang rowan engineering who said pretty much the same as charlts that any screw on air stripper wont work and may cause me problems unless its a screw on air stripper desighned specifically for the daystate mk4 which they're hopefully going to be making soon, so thats option one, wait for that or option 2 is send the gun of to UK Neil and get him to put one on, dont really like the sound of sending the gun off, but the air stripper he does, does sound the best option so ill have a look at darrens wednesday if thats okay with him and that might be the way forward :) who knows, i might start hitting 58's aswell ;) haha thanks guys

9. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

You should be able to just send Neil the shroud, drop him a pm on the bbs and he'll let you know what he can do.:)

10. HarryF

HarryF New Member

done ! sending the shroud to neil on the 22nd of augest :) air stripper here we come ! :)