Daystate hand held programmer

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by IanC, Jan 13, 2019.

1. IanC

IanC Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Daystate Red Wolf originally underpowered at the factory set 742 feet per second using 8.44 grain pellets

High pressure
    Mid pressure
    Low pressure
    all increased by equal amounts on high power setting
    Now shooting at 785 feet per second, shot count is lower from original Daystate setting getting 260 shots from a 210 bar fill running it down until low pressure warning comes on at 110 bar. Results are pretty good with a 14 feet per second variation over the full 260 shots
    10 shots fired into each target set out at 5 yard steps starting at 25yds distance written on card

Attached Files:

Jesim1 likes this.
  2. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC
    Nothing wrong with those readings or those targets ;)

My Red Wolf is shooting around that anyway, and I've getting roughly 400 shots form 230 down to 90, but I didn't chrono a lot, just a half dozen with a couple of pellets to check it out. I would be interested if you recorded the full shot string, if so, can you post it?

James

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC
    Here is a 100 shot string from my Daystate Platinum, the Red Wolfs earlier cousin just so you don't think I'm being awkward asking to see the details :D

Pellets from the tin, I'm sure I could shave a few fps off the extremities by weighing them, but for an electronic gun I'm very happy with the way it performs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. IanC

IanC Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Chrono records shot string to its memory but can’t print off, a printer is on my list of things to buy. Looking at your shots to fill ratio I don’t think I’ve lost that much. I Still think I can improve with a bit more playing but it is a time consuming process

5. lrob

lrob Member

Club:
    Liverpool
    Didn't realise that those programmers were available over here yet. Think I seen one a month or so back on an American website.

6. IanC

IanC Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Nothing wrong with that, which chrono have you used is it called blue shot or is that the soft ware name. Screen and info looks quality

7. IanC

IanC Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    There not available here, don’t think they ever will be TBH

8. lrob

lrob Member

Club:
    Liverpool
    Cheers Ian

9. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC
    Thanks - it's a Combro chrony attached to an Android phone via a BlueShot cable and software. You get the screen shots but can also download the full strings into excel and then do a custom graph if you can be bothered, handy for stuff like this (attached) where I done a 300 shot test on different pellet batches through my Grey Shadow just to see the difference - and it is a big difference, there was around 1fpe between some batches of the same JSB pellets - a real eye opener when people go on about their gun being underpowered, it could simply be the pellets, so best trying several before winding it up:rolleyes:

Ian got a mate in America to get him the programmer, Daystate seem reluctant to have them over here, but with the difference in legislation between the US and ourselves that is not surprising, there have also been a few people get/make these kind of things and proceed to mess their gun up. This is why I'm interested in the work Ian is doing, It's not cost effective for one person or one gun, but the subject and ability has massive potential if done legally and correctly.

[​IMG]