daystate grand prix

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by dcj1, Apr 13, 2010.

1. dcj1

dcj1 New Member

saw a few at newbury this weekend - just wondering how everybody is getting on with theirs? I've had mine for a while now, and have only just settled down to use it in anger!
    a little feedback would be very helpfull at the mo. . . . i'm struggling to make it as accurate as my walther, although i really want it to be. best results i'm seeing at the mo are with jsb 452 washed and lubed shot through a recently cleaned barrel. It will group well - but it is a bugger in the wind. . . . anyone else finding it takes more than other rifles?
    I have retired my walther for a while, because i am determined to make this fangle electronic thingy win through!!!!

2. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    I am using JSB heavies, good groups and definitely take less wind than the 8.4 flavour of pellets.hth

3. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    Thought I'd bring this thread back up again.

I've had my GP for a year now and I'm finding it the best rifle I've had. I used to shoot AA EV2 and then Steyr LG110s but made the jump to Daystate a couple of years ago after trying a friends Panther out.

I bought the Mk4 target and had Gary Cane make me a GP stock for it, 6 months or so later I decided to get the GP. It has been back to Daystate twice since I bought it, nothing major either time and part of my reasoning buying one, which turned into 4 Daystates was they're are only 90 mins up the road from me.

Anyway, the rifle Not much to say, it's completely standard, except for the stock which is still a GP one but was made to measure by Mr Cane; a rather expensive luxury, but one I'm happy with!

Undoubtedly some of the fact I'm seeing my best results will be I've been at this (HFT) longer and more experienced, but it's also taking the time to find the right scope and pellet combo. I used to read the posts where (X) had just done a one whole group at 55 yds and think bollocks, but after repeating those results at 55 and even 45 yds with a springer (LGU) its definitely possible; but might take time to get the combo right.

My GP is number 156, whats yours?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  4. Pompey1

Pompey1 New Member

Club:
    Meon Valley airgun club
    grand prix

I have grand prix number 89 I've shot this gun faultlessly and it's been an absolute pleasure to shoot

5. kong

kong Member

Club:
    FURNACE MILL HFT AND NOMADS
    Leftie number 177

6. Pepone

Pepone WFTF World Champion 2010

Club:
    Villarrubio FT
    Im very happy with my GP. Shooting FT since 2010. Its a lovely gun to shoot. Mine shot well with all variants of jsb pellets. AA 4,52-4,51 - fx exact - cometa exact - jsb 4,52.. express... and jsb hvy. Now im shooting with the daystate sovereign pellets.
    I made a video shooting benchrested at 25m with jsb exact, with a light wind from 10.
    http://youtu.be/XtCdbc729iM