Daystate Grand Prix .177 - tips?

Discussion in 'Tips, tricks and tutorials' started by Rapido, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Rapido

Rapido New Member

As of yesterday I am the proud owner of a Daystate Grand Prix in .177 ... next to my FTP900 and BSA Gold Star.

Did a pellet-testing shooy at 30mtrs today, and encountered some things that need improvement :) and some things I don't understand.

In the FTP the Exact 0.547g in 4.52 give the best results, in the BSA it's the H&N FTT 0.56gr in 4.50. Nearly identical, and I can use them both in both rifles as the POI in the FTP and Goldstar is nearly identical.
    With the Daystate GP the H&N FTT comes 5 cm higher and 2cm right compared to the JSB, which I don't understand - as the weight is (almost) the same and pellet velocity is set (at 780 fps).
    (strangely enough the lighter JSB Express comes in the same as the heavier JSB at same velocity).

- Any tips on best pellet for the GP, and best velocities for the normal and Express JSB pellets?
    (I know one owner who recommends quite a slow setting for the Express?)

Secondly, although I assumed the trigger would be easily move forwards or backwards, there's actually a limted travel and in the most foward setting it is still to far backwards for me.
    I.e. I would like to bring the trigger forward approx. 5-8 mm (I have tried to reverse the trigger base, but that's far too much). Any suggestions here?

2. kong

kong Member

Club:
    FURNACE MILL HFT AND NOMADS
    When i had a grandprix i found the best pellet was Falcon Accuracy Plus .177 (4.52) running at 820 fps

3. stryder5

stryder5 New Member

Not using a Daystate GP, but AA express (7.87gr) @ 813 fps

4. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Tips

Scrap it :)

5. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Can't Re Member

I wouldn't worry about where they land relative to each other .
    just find ones that keep going where you point them .

6. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    I've had mine for a few years and use JSB heavies 10.3 in it at 710fps with good results. The trigger is adjustable along the the whole length of the rail. If i pushed mine to its most forward position I wouldn't be able to get my finger in front of it to fire.

7. Rapido

Rapido New Member

Well, not mine :). It's fixed with a screw to the trigger-unit, and only has 8-10mm of movement. It's different indeed from my BSA and AirArms where I can slide along a 'rail'.