Daystate air wolf

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by stotty, Oct 13, 2010.

1. stotty

stotty member

Ive just been offered a Daystate Airwolf, 1.77 with synthetic stock, for £550. i know daystate are the dogs b****, but dose anyone know much about these and are they any good for HFT (should i be cheeky and try get the price down):rolleyes:
    Steve

2. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    it depends on how competitive you want to be? To my knowledge there are no top shots who use a Wolf however, there are a few who score in the low to mid 50's with them.

3. nibbley-uk

nibbley-uk Dirty Daz

mine did me alright.And i have a gorgeous Paul wilson stock sitting here for one ....... when i find one.

4. stotty

stotty member

Thanks
    My main priority is hunting and i use a BSA scorpion T10 2.2, which works very well for me, but ive started taking my son on HFT ( he uses a BSA ultra) and i thought for the price it would be a good rifle for me to use.
    Steve

5. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

For the price and your needs I'd rip his arm off;):cool:

6. stotty

stotty member

yeh i could then hit him with the soggy end, think i will take your advice, Thanks

7. silver fox

silver fox New Member

Hi stotty, see if you can try before you buy,you might not like the weight or the fact that its all a bit front heavy, if after that you still like it then rip his arm off cos they are superb airguns ATB Alan.

8. rich

rich Active Member

I don't find mine that front heavy, if anything I was surprised when I first picked it up and compared it to a Mark 4. But mine is in 22 cal so I suppose the barrel walls are thinner and that saves weight.................!

One of my chums tried it a week or two ago and said how its pick-up weight was nice.

9. stotty

stotty member

Alan
    He has let me borrow it for a couple of weeks to give it a try before i buy, it is a little front heavy but it has the larger of the two bottles, the 500 cc, but ive just shot a couple of standing shots at 20 yds, and i was amazed how well balanced it was, he is going to get me a smaller bottle if i decide to buy. cant believe how quite it is. i will be shooting it this weekend on the range so will see how I get on,
    Thanks

10. JAGXKRS

With a 400cc bottle the balance is perfect;)

11. rich

rich Active Member

Yes, mine has the 400cc bottle.

12. silver fox

silver fox New Member

Rich its the the best rifle iv'e ever used,impresses me every time i shoot it,even rate it better than my mark4 unfortunately i can't help feeling its too front heavy, maybe i should move the scope back to the butt pad lol.Stotty hurry up and let us know how you got on at the shoot and what your impressions are. ATB Alan.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  13. stotty

stotty member

Well the rifle shot very well,I need to put a new scope on it, I didnt like the magazine, you have to push the pellets deep with your finger or the dial catches them and damages the rim, for target shooting i will purchase a single shot plate to replace the mag. it is very well balanced and i was achieving 15mm groups at 30yds, couldnt realy shoot any further because of the scope.
    I am buying the rifle, and for the price i think im getting a bargain, I would love to invest in a custom stock for it.
    However one step at a time..
    Steve

14. silver fox

silver fox New Member

Stotty congratulations [when you get it ] and may you have many happy days useing it, ask whoever your buying it from if they have the single shot tray cos mine came with it,like you say about magazine not much cop, been useing single shot tray since almost day one,also wasted money on a HW silencer but found pellet clipping [no need for it anyway with fitted shroud] but not everyone has that problem. ATB Alan.

15. JAGXKRS

I happen to know of one thats coming up for sale with an action and the upgraded trigger but its going to cost:cool:

16. stotty

stotty member

Funny you should say that about the moderator I bought the same one for my BSA and had the same problem.
    Im not going to bother with the daystate, like you say its more or less silent anyway.

17. stotty

stotty member

I see by your status you shoot one, and it states sss, did you get yours done at stafford synthetics, i dont live far from there so thinking of getting a quote, mine has got the synthetic stock anyway and i was thinking of getting an adjustable comb fitted, any ideas ?

18. JAGXKRS

Yes mate mine was done by Dan at SSS but its a one off not the standard synthetic;) adjustable comb should be £75 tops and he knows what to do with them as he's the bloke that made them for Daystate;)

19. Pod

Pod New Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Won't go wrong with an Air Wolf ;)

I've had a CDT version for over 4 years and up until about 3 months ago it was my favourite rifle. Mk4 has put it into semi retirement now. It still gets used quite regularly though :cool:

20. stotty

stotty member

sounds good to me mate im calling in tommorow.
    I would like to quote, one thing i said to my wife when i started HFT, (and this was only three weeks ago).. I said "its ok my rifle ive got now will do i wont need another"
    3 weeks in lookin at buying another and having it customised, think i need to tell her..:confused: