CZ/S200T 10m Target sight problem

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by acrybb, Nov 2, 2012.

1. acrybb

acrybb New Member

Club:
    Bearsden R&P Club, Westfield Air Rifle club
    I have the AA S200T or CZ200T which ever you choose to call it. I'm using it for 10m Paper punching. I'm doing OK with it I am achieving reasonably tight groups and I'm averaging a score of 64 (based on 5 diagrams on a cards 2 shots in each). Not great admittedly but not bad for a beginner?

Anyway my question is this. I found i was almost always right so i adjusted the windage and i shot a 70 adjusted again however i hit the limit of the adjustment (still scored a 79). I assume it wouldn't be normal to use the extremities of the adjustments of the sights? That said I seem to be middle now.

Suggestions?

Thanks
    Andy

2. Steve

Steve Member

If your right of centre,try moving your back leg to the right.It wont take much maybe 10mm and your shots should go left.

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I wouldn't say it's that normal, are you perhaps canting the rifle?

4. acrybb

acrybb New Member

Club:
    My POA seems fine so I'm not sure moving my leg will help.

If I am canting the rifle it won't be that much.....I don't think.

5. acrybb

acrybb New Member

Club:
    stuck the gun on some shooting bags. Levelled it on the breach. Moved the level onto the front sight dove tail which is basically a sleeve held on with a grub screw. Its slightly canted. This is an easy fix a couple of slither of shim on one side will straighten it up. The rear sight however is different. The rail is level but when i clamp the sight onto the rail the sight cants over. When i look at the dove tail it seems to be concaved in the corner where the dove tail is supposed to meet.

Not sure i could shim it as the dove tail may not fit afterwards.

Maybe the sights are supposed to be slightly canted?