Custom knee rest

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by shoki, Aug 8, 2014.

1. shoki

shoki New Member

good day all

First, i apologize if this isn't the right place to ask, so please move ore delete the thread and i'll go where appropriate.

So: i'm looking for the adjustable knee rest (hamster) to install on my HW97. The idea was to mount it on an anshutz style rail, but i'm open to all suggestions.

I need you to recommend me custom rests. I know there are a LOT of them around, and a lot of people are doing them, but i have had less then stellar success in searching.

I found a RAW rest, and MOTHER OF GOD it's awesome, but sadly it's quite expensive, even without the shipping to Croatia.
    So if you know people that make stuff, and (even better) have some experience with their work, please do tell (or send a PM).

Thanks in advance

2. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    Have heard that Rowan Engineering are / have developed one and is due for release soon. Might be worth an e- mail to them.

HTH.

Cheers,
    Lofty.

3. shoki

shoki New Member

yeah, found out about it, but it's still a prototype, and they're planning to put more info on their web page in few weeks.
    I was thinking something smaller, i KNOW there are dozens of people that are able (and hopefully willing) do do something like that at home...
    Thanks mate!

4. airborn68

airborn68 Member

Club:
    Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)
  5. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    That's the RAW one he mentioned initially Jon. I have to say, I have one of those and it is a cracking bit of kit.
    Some people have made their own using SATNAV mounts and all sorts of other things.

I know that the RAW isn't cheap, but it is really well made and lovely to use. Projected price for the Rowan hamster according to info on a thread on here was around £280, so a lot more than the RAW as well.

6. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    You also have the MAC1 again a lot cheaper, I like the Rowan one but having the MAC1 it's a no brainer to pay double the price for it.

The MAC1 is a good bit of kit too so worth a look

Bri

7. buzz

buzz Team Gilly

Club:
    Castle FTC
    Is the MAC1 available in the UK?

8. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    With the RAW and Rowan units being costly, albeit TBC in rowans case, I wonder if Andras and Brian could or are considering joining in on the party with a 3d printed hamster.

9. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Same as the RAW it's from the states, about £150- £180 delivered dependent if you get taxed. I didn't so it was £150 :)

Bri

10. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    I have the raw unit which is a nice piece of kit, but having tried the rowan unit at GP5 I found the rowan unit to be more slick in operation

Gary