CSFTA winter league

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Monty, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Monty

Monty Senior Moment

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers, Basingstoke ARPC
    It's all over and congratulations to Justin for an amazing winter of shooting. Given the weather conditions we've of late it's been an excellent league, windy at times but no rain during the shoots. There were a few flooded courses leading to postponements, but no one drowned.

I'd like to thank everyone who gave up their Saturdays and got drenched to clear trees, set targets and clear lanes and especially those who made sausage rolls and cake. The sausage rolls and the cake were the best bits. Apart from Holly beating Cliffy earlier today. :eek: And also thanks to Alan for putting the scores up so quickly, it's always nice to get home and immediately be reminded that you're complete rubbish by your entire family who saw the scores ages before you got in. Thanks for that Alan. :eek:o

Many thanks to everyone who put their time and effort into making a really good winter league, it's been appreciated.

Monty

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    2nd'ed.

The region will hold a meeting to be organised after the "End of Season" shoot to go over stuff while it's fresh in everyone's mind. Plenty of positives and perhaps only a few details to tidy up. So have a chat with your club reps about what you'd like to see more and less of.

Thanks again for all the clubs and people behind the scenes who give up their time to provide us with a league, several from so many clubs who don't even fire a shot. Also thanks to those that in the past have helped out along the way. Sincerely appreciated.

Fingers crossed but it's looking like next year could see 2-3 more clubs in the league, so we could have double figures of rounds to play with next year. It will be great to see more shooters on the regional circuit, and hopefully with more rounds all will not be lost if just 1-2 are missed. And we want more cake.

Well done to all. :)

3. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

3rd'ed as well. I think that this year for weather was as bad as the flooding of last years. Not sure how high the water was at N Oxon at its worse but Soton last year was something to beat at 3ft+ at the road.

Looking forward to next year, will get plenty of practise in over the Summer as I want to try and do all 7 GP's if I can. Not going to tinker with equipment set up as it seemed to be all falling into place over the last 3 Winter Shoots.

Will be good to have a brainstorming session after its all finished to tidy up all the niggles. Ideas to think about over the Summer for next year. If we get to 10 rounds then all well and good.

As said before Alan has done an excellent job with the results over the last few years as well as all those who have helped behind the scenes at club and regional level.

Now I just need to start thrashing Holly a bit more to get him more vocal than he normally is :D :rolleyes:

4. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Looking forward to next season, only made one of these this time around & really enjoyed it so I will be back again later this year. :D

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Good

A good winter league , scores have been nothing to shout about from me . the top 5 have shot really well , so congrats . new friends made , miles travelled . looking forward to getting some practice in before the season starts . if my old GC2 holds up i will be using that . here is to us ??? HOLLY

6. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    Yes it was a nice W/L, good people, challenging courses and plenty of shooting FT - who could ask for more.

It is good to have you on board Holly in the CSFTA.

I know some people are a little unsure if we are joking or not with our posts aimed at each other sometimes, but we are joking. (I like the old fart really!) :D :D

7. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Holly having you on our little Island gives us the opportunity to raise our game a bit as well as some fresh ideas for courses.

As for mickey taking well me, Melv and FF will try our bet to put you off and when the drier weather appears some of the other at the club will have a go as well. Would be nice for your wife to come when she can. If Jemma is there as well for a bit of female companionship for her.

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Oh yes a light hearted banter takes the tension out of the comps :) . and once woody gets the cradle marks off his arse he will do well in this FT game :D
    and andy . that is what it is all about to those shooters who wish to improve . shame you had that bad spell sunday , cos you would have been right up there . but practice makes perfect . so sunday we will push on ??? HOLLY:)

9. UpWind

UpWind New Member

Good to see the CSFTA winter league still runs.

10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Well

Well now there is a end of season shoot at Bisley on the 23rd of this month . don't be shy , why not come along bring your rifle and have a shoot . and we will kick your arris along with Woody's ??? HOLLY :D:cool:

11. UpWind

UpWind New Member

Don't be too sure your kick my backside sir!!!

Edited by admin

12. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!

Most clubs have a wide a varied membership, but I cannot recall seeing many that fit to your reference lately.

Come along and have some fun, you sound like you know what you re doing around an FT course anyway! :rolleyes:

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Your

As old supershot ( woody:eek: ) say's come along and have a good day out . yes we will of course send you home with a empty feeling in the prize department . BUT a challenging course and good company is assured . i think it fair to say that Bisley FTO is a different club than it may have been when you last were there . or you could of course sit at home and wonder if you would have been the man that day ??? HOLLY:):cool:

14. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Trophies ordered. Cliffy's sorting the perpetuals.

I did hmm over if we should go for the most tacky bit of plated plastic I could find for them (as I won't be getting one), but they were out of those so we've had to settle for some nice etched glass affairs wending their way to us instead for the Chic Stylish Field Target Association (aka the Common Sense Field Target Association)

15. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    We can always fit one more in so come along....... ;) ;)

16. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Said

well said Alan :) , i could not put it better myself ??? HOLLY:):D:D